Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest thing your housemate has done?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, there was the housemate who tried to kill me. Ye know that story :pac:

The same house I lived in I'm pretty sure the landlord just stood outside asylums and grabbed the first escaped patient and brought them to our place.

Chinese guy and his Japanese girlfriend. He was a complete asshole who would sit in the kitchen all day on his laptop and would throw a strop if anyone came in by muttering to himself, grabbing all his stuff, and going up to their room. He'd come back down as soon as he heard you leave or go back to your room. Asked him once about his job where he went on an insane rant about Chinese workers and started punching the table. The other housemates said the same whenever he was asked a question about anything, he'd just go on a wild rant and flip the fúck out.

The Japanese girl was lovely and was great to talk to. She always apologised about everything (hoovering, washing dishes, listening to music during the day) and was hot as hell, the rest of us couldn't understand why she was with this dipstick and he'd sometimes give out to her over stupid shít (which we'd all pull him up on)

When they moved out a girl moved in who was quite fond of her drink and valiums. She used to fall asleep on the stairs or randomly come into my bedroom saying she needs to piss. Her girlfriend was scary and used to walk around the house naked, her voice sounded like she ate buckets of gravel everyday. She creeped out the Muslim housemate, who wasn't used to seeing any of this mullarkey, by warning him if he didn't cook his rice right he'd die.

After they moved out another guy took their place who consistently smelt of cabbage boiled in piss and would cook massive dinners at 3am, making a massive racket like he was flinging dishes and pans into the sink. We were easy on him at the start as we figured he was depressed but he never listened to us about not doing that kind of shít at that time of night.

During the day he would stay in his bedroom listening to the same David Gray album on repeat for hours on end..........Every. Single. Day.............I absolutely detest David Gray now! My room was under his and I could hear him frequently having **** (bed rocking and load moans :( )

After he left the landlord asked me to check the room to see if it needed any work where I was just greeted with wall-to-wall mould. It was everywhere from the walls, the floor, right down to the mattress which was completely damp. I dunno how the hell guy survived living there for as long as he did, definitely explained his awful breathing which we thought was because of him being overweight.

After him came the housemate who tried to stab me and threatened to burn the house down, he was a nightmare to get rid of.

After his scenario we told the landlord enough was enough and that we'd have to see the people before he let them move in. So one guy came to the house asking about an available room, looking dodgy as fúck and looked like he was flying off his nut (eyes bulging, never blinks, constant white fists from clenching them, random grimaces)

Landlord: "So, what do you do for a living?"

Guy: "Aaaaahhh............nothing at the moment. I'm depressed so I'm on a load of pills! Heh!"

Landlord: "Are you looking for work?"

Guy: "Heh, you know yourself man...............a dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do.........eh?................EH?"

*laughs to show about 3 teeth in his blackened mouth*

Landlord: "................When can ya move in?"

I got enough money at that point and got the fúck out of that hellhole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

Why did the nutter try and stab you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Old Jakey wrote: »
    Why did the nutter try and stab you?

He was always drinking and would come back from the pub pissed. He'd always be turning on the kitchen Hi-Fi at full whack at 5am. We told him to cut out to the point where I took the plug off it.

One night he left this random hippy passed out in the kitchen (which was destroyed after them drinking in it) who we kicked out. He came back from the pub, threatened to burn the house down, grabbed a knife and then tried to get into our rooms. My room was at the top of the stairs so he spent his time trying to get into it.

The moron fell asleep at the landing after a short while where I found the big kitchen knife beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Duggy747 wrote: »
    He was always drinking and would come back from the pub pissed. He'd always be turning on the kitchen Hi-Fi at full whack at 5am. We told him to cut out to the point where I took the plug off it.

One night he left this random hippy passed out in the kitchen (which was destroyed after them drinking in it) who we kicked out. He came back from the pub, threatened to burn the house down, grabbed a knife and then tried to get into our rooms. My room was at the top of the stairs so he spent his time trying to get into it.

The moron fell asleep at the landing after a short while where I found the big kitchen knife beside him.
    Your landlord, Jesus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

To anyone that hasn't read the whole Duggy story.......here ya go

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

FanadMan wrote: »

Forgot about this one.. Must catch up where I left off. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Stinjy wrote: »
    Forgot about this one.. Must catch up where I left off. Thanks
    Spoiler alert
    Duggy dies.But his ghost won't leave the boards servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Had a housemate who brought two blokes home one night. One slept with her (litterally) while the other chap slept and ultimately urinated on himself and the couch. All 3 went to the pub wearing the same clothes the next day...

Yuck!
    franglan wrote: »
    Had a housemate who brought two blokes home one night. One slept with her (litterally) while the other chap slept and ultimately urinated on himself and the couch. All 3 went to the pub wearing the same clothes the next day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Had a housemate before who was very odd. She came into the sitting room one evening and said 'What are you up to tonight?' in a cheery voice (seemed in a good mood) and I just said ''Oh my boyfriend is coming over and we might watch the Liverpool game and just relax for the night'. She absolutely flipped. ''You know I'm flying in the morning? how could you do this? you'll be up late and I won't be able to sleep'' etc etc. She had an early flight at 6am (leaving at 4 ish) and assumed just because SHE was flying that I had to drop all my plans. I replied ''It's not your place to dictate what I can and can't do, it's really unfair of you to flip out at me because I have plans''. She floored me. I was really upset after it because she stormed off and totally lost it with me. I then was so livid with her we went out instead to watch the game in a pub. She also used to get annoyed if I was watching tv because her and her weird boyfriend couldn't eat in the same room as me watching tv (WEIRD). I couldn't have been more accommodating and was really insistent ''guys come on in honestly, you're more than welcome.''. But no, they decided to eat in the kitchen, where there wasn't even a table you could really eat at. ODD. She also flipped on me because of that. Serious mental health issues.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I reckon I can beat that!

I read this thread in the September and never expected I'd get to post in it. :P

Anyway, we've one very odd character here who:

- Double locks the front door even when it's obvious the rest of us will be coming and going
    - Keeps the iron and ironing board in their room all the time, but never uses the washing machine
    - Only leaves their room for getting food, going to college, and using the toilet
    - Caught the spiders in the room to keep them like pets
    - Never opens the blinds/curtains in their room...
    - but leaves their light on all night...
    - and yet wouldn't flush the toilet for the first few weeks (in order to keep the water bill down, apparently)
    - Will not join the rest of the house for food/chats/drinks/movies/whatever
    - Helped themselves to other people's food (without asking) because "it was going to rot if nobody ate it"
    - Suggested that it would be better to "wear more clothes" instead of getting oil for the central heating over the next few months

Needless to say, June feels a very long way away. :eek:

Advertisement