Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    To be fair...this sort of week roots out the players who aren't serious threats in your league.

There is no 'how about Player X or Y?'. Kun may blank, of course he might, but your strategy, if it doesn't fail this week, will do eventually.

There is no question. There is no other option. It is Aguero.

The only other player I'd even 1% entertain is Silva, but even that's an unnecessary risk.

You'll have other weeks to take risks. There'll be plenty in fact. This is as far away from one of them that you can get.

You can close this tread now lads. Nothing more needs to be said..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I think who is your VC may get a more varied response.

I assume 12/112 who voted someone else, dont have Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I was one of the few who was going to go without aguero in my team

I have eventually coped on and got him in now
    AGUERO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I assume 12/112 who voted someone else, dont have Aguero.

Draft league so I don't, I picked Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kolarov(c) is so tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hococop wrote: »
    Draft league so I don't, I picked Silva

Honestly, no offence but this really doesn't apply to draft leagues. You could save yourself the trouble of having to explain yourself repeatedly throughout the season like you did last year by not voting in these polls. It's only inviting comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    Kolarov(c) is so tempting

I'm tempted by this. It would be my first time ever captaining a defender. I don't think it will be the goalfest people are expecting.

Honestly, no offence but this really doesn't apply to draft leagues. You could save yourself the trouble of having to explain yourself repeatedly throughout the season like you did last year by not voting in these polls. It's only inviting comment.

Well I did invite it by saying those who didn't captain him, didn't have him. So his post is kinda still valid, regardless of the league or team. Does that mean we have to create a separate thread or even forum for these types of responses.

• Advertisement

UJTfosw.png

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Well I did invite it by saying those who didn't captain him, didn't have him. So his post is kinda still valid, regardless of the league or team. Does that mean we have to create a separate thread or even forum for these types of responses.

I know, sorry, I really don't mean to be making an issue. I just recall that last year Hococop spent more time explaining his bizarre captain choices than anything else. I would have thought that the point of threads like these was to give people pointers about who other players with the same means were captaining. It's a different game that he's playing and has no relevance to the rest of us.

It's just my mini rant of the week:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

UJTfosw.png

Whaaaaaaaat

I know, sorry, I really don't mean to be making an issue. I just recall that last year Hococop spent more time explaining his bizarre captain choices than anything else. I would have thought that the point of threads like these was to give people pointers about who other players with the same means were captaining. It's a different game that he's playing and has no relevance to the rest of us.

It's just my mini rant of the week:o

Yeah I remember that I'd pick Lukaku and 2/or would ask why I'm taking a stupid gamble and thus having to explain, fair enough I'll still vote and probably won't comment

CSF wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaat

Risky but Watford have not made much of a scoring impact this season

Risky but Watford have not made much of a scoring impact this season

Ok, but, Aguero one goal = Kolarov clean sheet in terms of points with Aguero probably having the edge in terms of bonus points in those scenarios. Aguero goal is a much shorter price than a City clean sheet.

Aguero 2 goals is 13 points, Kolarov clean sheet and goal is 15 points. The price on Kolarov clean sheet and goal would be about 3 times the price of Aguero 2 goals.

Kolarov captain only really works if you expect Aguero not to do well IMO.

Actually scratch that, it's even more so than I thought. Aguero hat trick is the same price as Kolarov goal. I wouldn't view it that way myself but food for thought.

Actually scratch that, it's even more so than I thought. Aguero hat trick is the same price as Kolarov goal. I wouldn't view it that way myself but food for thought.

Only gamble is city leading 3or 4 nil and conceded a sloppy goal that's 4 points lost

Only gamble is city leading 3or 4 nil and conceded a sloppy goal that's 4 points lost

The real gamble is Aguero's much higher points potential this week IMO. Likelihood is even if Kolarov gets the clean sheet Aguero outscores him.

Haha was just a joke. Aguero normal captain

• Advertisement

Can you activate and deactivate those?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yes...er....I too am....er....joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Try it and see ;)

.......... Yes, you can de-activate it.

Colking wrote: »
    Try it and see ;)

.......... Yes, you can de-activate it.
    Haha, not an experiment I was wanting to take the risk on!!!!

Yup. I knew because my missus wanted to triple captain Mertesacker GW1 until I told her that it could only be used once a season (leaving aside that it was a horrible idea).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone that doesn't captain Aguero this week really does have nerves of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone that doesn't captain Aguero this week really does have nerves of steel.

or is trying to be smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Th0mas Shelby

Obviously I will be going for Aguero for my captain this weekend, playing with fire to try someone else.

I'm currently hovering around the 6,000 in the world mark and leading the majority of my leagues so despite all the (extremely valid!) calls to wait for a double fixture week to use my Triple Captain, I am going to bite the bullet and triple captain Kun this weekend. Quick first half hat-trick and hopefully I will get into the top 1,000 for the first time ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Obviously I will be going for Aguero for my captain this weekend, playing with fire to try someone else.

I'm currently hovering around the 6,000 in the world mark and leading the majority of my leagues so despite all the (extremely valid!) calls to wait for a double fixture week to use my Triple Captain, I am going to bite the bullet and triple captain Kun this weekend. Quick first half hat-trick and hopefully I will get into the top 1,000 for the first time ever :)

don't do it, honestly.

you're caught up in the hysteria of doing so well. don't succumb.

getting into the top 1,000 now is meaningless. A DGW from a big hitter later in the season is better than Aguero against Watford now when he's not even quite at full tilt yet.

don't do it.

it may work out, obviously, but it's not the percentage move.

did I mention? don't fúcking do it.

• Advertisement

Good luck, you should try packing your team with all the big hitters from the first night of a spread out week (when there's only two games) and try to get to the top of the world, point hits don't even count:P

Honestly, you're in the wrong place, the only rank that counts is after week 38:)

Advertisement