Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapland

Options
  • 24-08-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Looking into doing this, has anybody been? It's expensive but is it worth it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Icsics wrote: »
    Looking into doing this, has anybody been? It's expensive but is it worth it?
    Thanks

I've never been but a fella I work with took his family last year and said it was amazing. Best holiday they were ever on. They went for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

hiya we've been there twice. Once to get engaged, was class! and then we went again for a week as we saw agreat deal. It was only me and my husband, no kids, we are the kids! its just stunning, exactly like the pictures you see, snow as far as the eye can see. So much for the kids and adults to do. If you get a package deal with Inghams or the like, they include all your activites including the big one, meeting himself :D it is expensive for sure and expensive over there too, but it is a once in a lifetime trip and you would not regret it. any questions just ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Thanks for the replies. Snowball, did you go all inclusive? And if you did what was the door like? We are looking at the log cabins, or would you recommend a hotel? Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

the door was lovely I must say! It was red and wooden and, only joking...I presume you meant food? The first time we were way up north of Sweeden, in the middle of nowhere really, just the hotel. Beautiful location. food was lovely. Traditional food ( meatballs/beef stew/chicken) and then chips, nuggets etc for kids (and me sometimes!) The 2nd time we went to Levi. We stayed in the Levitinturi. Loved it. Huge huge swimming/leisure area. We did full board, breakfast and dinner. Had no complaints at all. They had enough variety every night that we both ate loads and were happy...Soups/salads, 3 or 4 mains, again section for the kiddies, plenty of desserts, hot chocolate etc We did look at log cabins both times but because the food etc over there is quite expensive, the packages you see will usualy work out better. Now Im sure if you did the supermarket thing and cooked at home it could be cheaper but we didnt really want that as we were on hols :)

Advertisement