Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redo leaving leaving cert in UK?

Options
  • 24-08-2015 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi ,

I'm a 25 year old, I left school at 16, wanted to know , if anyone has any info ,

I'm looking to go back and finish my leaving cert,

But I wondering if I would be allowed,
    To redo it in the UK Bristol area, is where I'm looking to go,

Also would consider DERRY up north of it was easier,

Thanks any info on this helpful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DaBlackMask

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not sure what your question is, exactly. No, you can't do your LC in the UK. It's an Irish State examination. The LC isn't offered there. There's nothing to stop you applying and returning to sit it here though, if you'd be happy covering the various subjects yourself.

TBH though, at your age there are a myriad of options and pathways to re-entering formal education that will allow you to entirely skip the LC, and would probably be more suitable, and certainly more 'useful', employment-wise.

Thanks , for reply ,

I not to smart-wise about all these different courses and names , so wasn't to sure what to say :)

Do you know if I could finish the LC

In Northern Ireland?

Thanks , for reply ,

I not to smart-wise about all these different courses and names , so wasn't to sure what to say :)

Do you know if I could finish the LC

In Northern Ireland?
    I'd say your best bet would be to drop in for a chat with the adult education guidance office in your local ETB (formerly VEC). They'd be best placed to help you figure out what would work for you, and advise accordingly.

:)

Thank you

• Advertisement

:)

Thank you

Very welcome. Best of luck with it all.

Advertisement