Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DB errors, 503 Service unavailable etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same, including when trying to browse this very thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Same happening me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This is getting right on my raving titties

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Reached the point where the site is unusable for serious browsing, getting over 50% 503's on both main site and mobile site, and when it does respond, it's very slow as well.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is happening every second page for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Autosport wrote: »
    This is happening every second page for me

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Can't log in to the site under windows and linux (tried IE, Firefox, Chrome & Epiphany): keep getting "too many redirects" error. Based in France. Searched for a solution on "google". Tried clearing cookies. Checked that they're stored for boards. Tried rebooting my router. Nothing worked. Bug from the site itself?
    Oh and tried from 3 different computers.

Was already connected from yesterday on this session...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Can't log in on the full or touch site, redirects and 503's. The app is working perfectly and fast but a pain in the balls in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Using dolphin browser on android tablet and not a single error in last half hour. PC and chrome browser on tablet is not working. Also switched to mobile broadband from vodafone fibre broadband but not sure if that made any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Can't log in on the full or touch site, redirects and 503's. The app is working perfectly and fast but a pain in the balls in general.
    What's the link to their app?
    I didn't know there was one & searched before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

PeteK* wrote:
    What's the link to their app? I didn't know there was one & searched before.

It's in the Google play store, can't link for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Still happening

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

mathie wrote: »
    Still happening

I presume the office staff are only just back after weekend

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

was having trouble yesterday on the phone, couldn't log in and tried a couple of different browsers, the best i got was telling me the website has a redirect loop!

also got the 503 error a few times

i thought it might be my phone and something wrong with its settings (not that they were changed), but this morning is brutal on my pcm 503 errors and pages just not loading!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think its time someone got their finger out and told us what's happening here.

Im sure the paying advertisers are jumping for joy :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For the sake of general education, and maybe putting peoples minds at ease...

Any HTTP errors that start with a 5, e.g. 500, 502 or in this case 503, means they're server side errors. And it also means that while there's no issue on your device, there's also nothing you can do about them either.

Client side errors start with a 4, e.g. the all too well known 404.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

muffler wrote: »
    I think its time someone got their finger out and told us what's happening here.

Im sure the paying advertisers are jumping for joy :rolleyes:

Just a simple update would be good this is going on over a day now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Stheno wrote: »
    Just a simple update would be good this is going on over a day now

Load balancing fallen over?

Spear wrote: »
    For the sake of general education, and maybe putting peoples minds at ease...

Any HTTP errors that start with a 5, e.g. 500, 502 or in this case 503, means they're server side errors. And it also means that while there's no issue on your device, there's also nothing you can do about them either.

Client side errors start with a 4, e.g. the all too well known 404.
    Good to know that Spear. :)

Still, there's no excuse for people not being updated on what the situation is. What would it take....half a minute, for one of the staff to update the thread here.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Has the issue been acknowledged by the office?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Load balancing fallen over?

Or one of a clustered server gone down?

Seems to have improved in the past few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Just cause I felt like posting and because mostly every time I tried yesterday, I got 503 too. :)

@Spears Thanks for the info. - I'm not taking the pi$$ or trying to be funny, I don't know much about computers, short of switching them on. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can see pages now but can only log in using the iPhone app.
    In any browser I get redirect loop when I try to log in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Seems to be back to normal for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

muffler wrote: »
    Good to know that Spear. :)

Still, there's no excuse for people not being updated on what the situation is. What would it take....half a minute, for one of the staff to update the thread here.
    Yeah, I mean, we all pay good money for this service!

Oh, wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's weird that they acknowledged reports to the Twitter account but never posted anything here about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

seamus wrote: »

Oh, wait...

That's a silly reply. It doesn't cost anything to inform the thousands of users that there is a problem.

seamus wrote: »

Oh, wait...
    Yeah, as it turns out subscribers pay money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    I can see pages now but can only log in using the iPhone app.
    In any browser I get redirect loop when I try to log in
    I can now log in on desktop with chrome.

Thanks devs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Maybe the reason the staff didn't post an update here is because they couldn't get on to post :pac:

That being said in the last 12-18 months there's been a steady decline in the amount of interaction here and seems more of a wasteland of people reporting issues. I hope it's just because the folks are heavily investing their time into new boards running on the API and slicing more tentacles off the monster that is vBulletin.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement