Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom Broadband reviews?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi there,

Are there anyone currently with Pure Telecom broadband and willing to offer their views?

I am moving into a new house in Monaghan town and I'm weighing up my options and Pure look like they are currently doing a good deal.

I'd be working from home so I need it to be reliable and fast!

I've had some horrible experiences with Eircom in the past so I'm 100% not going with them ever again so weighing up all the others.

Thanks in advance,
    Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pure re-sell eircom services. So you wont really be getting away from them. They're a smaller operator, speeds and reliability will mostly be determined by eircom hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

ED E wrote: »
    Pure re-sell eircom services. So you wont really be getting away from them. They're a smaller operator, speeds and reliability will mostly be determined by eircom hardware.

Really, that's shocking they are allowed to go under another name...

It'll not be them so.. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

mcquaim wrote: »
    Really, that's shocking they are allowed to go under another name...

It'll not be them so.. Thanks for the heads up!

Pure Telecom are not owned by eircom - they are a separate company and re-sell the offerings from eircom wholesale just like Vodafone, Sky, Digiweb and Imagine do!

Pure Telecom are not owned by eircom - they are a separate company and re-sell the offerings from eircom wholesale just like Vodafone, Sky, Digiweb and Imagine do!

Ok, they might be an option after all then..

So, who is with them and what are your experiences?

Or what other providers would you suggest other than Eircom?

I read somewhere that if you get your own modem does this reduce the contract length, is that correct?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mcquaim wrote: »
    I read somewhere that if you get your own modem does this reduce the contract length, is that correct?

No it doesn't reduce your contract length. There isn't much point in not taking the ISP supplied modem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

I dealt with them on few business packages and overall experience was above standard. All queries either sales or technical were dealt with quickly and professionally. I never dealt with them on any of domestic services.

bk wrote: »
    No it doesn't reduce your contract length. There isn't much point in not taking the ISP supplied modem.

Look at this link, just under the link to order now.

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/vodafone/AFCNWM/vodafone-home-essentials/

It talks about fees for a reduced contract, 18, 12 months....

Just thought I'd give a little feedback on how I got on..

I took the gamble and went with Pure Telecom and so far it's mixed feelings.. The whole process to get up and running is all over the place with way too many moving parts TBH.

I had two technicians out and several phone calls before ever getting going. The first technician only looked after the phone while the other only the broadband. Surely the KN Network lads should do both together...

Now it's up and running it seems pretty good, a world away from the crap service I was getting with Net1. Downside is the supplied router is average at best. It's a Technicolour TG589Vn that doesn't have gigabit LAN ports nor 5.2Ghz wifi. The UI is a bit confusing too but still does the job for now.

One thing I have still to get resolved is having my old number ported across from Net1. This whole area is a bit of a mess, nobody seems to know what to do here.. I've contacted several people and I've no idea where this is at now..

Now, I also tried to sign up my parents to their ADSL service but I've no idea what is happening with this order. We have gone through the order process and now nearly 2 weeks later not a peep back from them.. I contacted support yesterday via email but not even an auto-response back so who knows if that'll even be seen..

So, in summary if you do get up and going the service is good but the whole setup process really needs an overhaul on Pure Telecom's behalf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Taffyvale

I don't usually frequent or write in these types f forums but I thought this company deserve a little feedback.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. They'll tell ya they'll phone you back but they never do.

I came across pure using bonkers as I was new to the area and needed wifi as the dongle wasn't great. They gave the best deal and so I figured I'd give them a go.

Phoned them up to enquire and they signed me straight up stating yes, we cover your area. Got a bit concerned as the lady they past me onto read out, as fast as she could all of the terms of service which I had to agree to there and then at the end of every quickly spat paragraph, scripted like a robot. She said someone will contact me in 48 hours to arrange a date to set it all up. Week later, no phone call, so I phoned them up and they said they had nothing noted down to phone me. He asks for my address and says he's not sure we cover your area and it will take 48 hours for them to find out and that they'll phone me back. Five days later, still no phone call off pure. So I phone them up AGAIN. The man I spoke to said he could see that someone was supposed to call and apologised that I had to contact them again.

I thought no bother, and asked when will you be sending someone around to set up our wifi and his reply is, I don't know if we cover your area, it'll take 48hours to find out, we'll phone you back.

You can imagine how pissed off I am now because I was originally signed up and told they do cover my area. So far its taken them three weeks and they still can't tell me if they support my area. Anyway, I explain all the trouble so far and he escalates it to management as I say I'm not going to bother basically because you all seem inept. This was last Friday June 2nd 2017. They said they'd definitely will phone me back on Tuesday as it's bank holiday....

Guess what.... no fekin phone call.

Phoned up eir, who for 10 Euro (51.00 total) more give me all sports channels free with my broadband , and it's only a 12 month contract. So 51euro p/m for 1 year, unlimited download and 100mb which seems to be the best in this area. two days later we got the box delivered. 3 days later we're all set up.

So pure lied straight off the bat, told me they cover the area to sign me up, they then took almost three weeks to figure out if they actually do service us.... I'm in Balleybricken Waterford... and I actually still don't know if they do, because they never got back to me.

In comparison to that three weeks, eir signed me up and got me set up and working in 5 days.

I should add that the pure staff that I talked too were all lovely (minus mrs robot with the terms and conditions). They just lie and have **** service. In fact service is worse than ****, I wouldn't even give them 1star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Taffyvale wrote: »
    I don't usually frequent or write in these types f forums but I thought this company deserve a little feedback.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. They'll tell ya they'll phone you back but they never do.

I came across pure using bonkers as I was new to the area and needed wifi as the dongle wasn't great. They gave the best deal and so I figured I'd give them a go.

Phoned them up to enquire and they signed me straight up stating yes, we cover your area. Got a bit concerned as the lady they past me onto read out, as fast as she could all of the terms of service which I had to agree to there and then at the end of every quickly spat paragraph, scripted like a robot. She said someone will contact me in 48 hours to arrange a date to set it all up. Week later, no phone call, so I phoned them up and they said they had nothing noted down to phone me. He asks for my address and says he's not sure we cover your area and it will take 48 hours for them to find out and that they'll phone me back. Five days later, still no phone call off pure. So I phone them up AGAIN. The man I spoke to said he could see that someone was supposed to call and apologised that I had to contact them again.

I thought no bother, and asked when will you be sending someone around to set up our wifi and his reply is, I don't know if we cover your area, it'll take 48hours to find out, we'll phone you back.

You can imagine how pissed off I am now because I was originally signed up and told they do cover my area. So far its taken them three weeks and they still can't tell me if they support my area. Anyway, I explain all the trouble so far and he escalates it to management as I say I'm not going to bother basically because you all seem inept. This was last Friday June 2nd 2017. They said they'd definitely will phone me back on Tuesday as it's bank holiday....

Guess what.... no fekin phone call.

Phoned up eir, who for 10 Euro (51.00 total) more give me all sports channels free with my broadband , and it's only a 12 month contract. So 51euro p/m for 1 year, unlimited download and 100mb which seems to be the best in this area. two days later we got the box delivered. 3 days later we're all set up.

So pure lied straight off the bat, told me they cover the area to sign me up, they then took almost three weeks to figure out if they actually do service us.... I'm in Balleybricken Waterford... and I actually still don't know if they do, because they never got back to me.

In comparison to that three weeks, eir signed me up and got me set up and working in 5 days.

I should add that the pure staff that I talked too were all lovely (minus mrs robot with the terms and conditions). They just lie and have **** service. In fact service is worse than ****, I wouldn't even give them 1star.

I would suggest that you call Pure and cancel with them, just in case they do suddenly get their act together and start billing you for service (even though they may not be currently providing it to you).

You entered into a contract with them when you spoke to Mrs. Robot. So you will need to call and cancel said contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Pure do not have any network of their own- they re-sell services that are provided across the Eir network. Therefore, AFAIK, anything Eir could provide you could have been provided by Pure Telecom. That is, unless they choose to only operate in selected geographical areas which I suppose is a possibility.

The fact that you got no call- backs is simply an example of the bad manners that the customer services departments of public utilities routinely exhibit. I would suggest that, if you need to deal with Mrs Robot as advised above, then you do so in writing.

When you do write to them, I would suggest that you include the details of what they said and did (and didn't do) and ask them to explain why they had initially contracted to supply the service and subsequently declined/broke their own contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

I want to use my own router with Pure Telecom.

Everything is configured, username is puretelecom@puretel.ie however I have no idea what the password is.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if pure telecom use a default password? Do they actually generate a unique password for each user? Account isn't in my name hence phoning their support isn't currently an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

TimTom wrote: »

Everything is configured, username is puretelecom@puretel.ie however I have no idea what the password is.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if pure telecom use a default password? Do they actually generate a unique password for each user? Account isn't in my name hence phoning their support isn't currently an option.

As far as I can see from previous postings, username and passwords used to be unique to each account. However, as the username you've quoted is the same as mine, they must be using a generic password. Or else some 'magic' is being employed to create uniqueness if each password is different.

If it's generic, I'd like it as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The options are:
    A. Unique Credentials
    B. Read CSI from OpenEir
    yuloni wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Sky use unique credentials so you can attempt to mimic the process for password extraction there. I've not done it but in principle its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

TimTom wrote: »

As far as I know the password is broadband1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

As far as I know the password is broadband1

Thank Selfbuilder. I got a message today confirming this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭morefoolme

I wrote to Pure Telecom to cancel my contract (and DD) after 18 months was up, all bills were paid on time and up to date. I just received Legal Notice from Pure Telecom demanding payment on a whopper of a bill including €290 'Additional Charges', mainly 'Termination Charge' and the 'Free' Router which they are welcome to collect! They have difficulty correctly counting months in the year and months in the contract. Steer clear would be my advice.

Some facebook reviews on their own site:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/puretelecomireland/community/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 1 redmantech

If using Fiber to the home FTTH and want rid of the Pure router (techicolor) you also need to reference a vlan tag on the WAN port of your custom router (vlan ID 10)

Advertisement