Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this for real?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/gregg.marsh1

Just browsing facebook this morning and I come across this, I couldn't believe it. This lad is training people for 8 and a half hours at a time...

"Synergyse one day arm cure" From the videos they do indeed seem to be working on arms, I can't honestly believe any personal trainer would do this though?! Am I going mad, am I seeing things? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No, he seems totally legit to me...

fZBQstL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Spends 8.5 hours sculpting guns...

...realises he's too weak to pull the trigger.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So will those guys:
    a)be unable to pick up as much as a paperclip for a week?
    b)injure ta fook
    c)be one hit wonders who never train seriously again?
    d)all of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Might as well go in to the gym and ask for muscle spasms.

Oryx wrote: »
    So will those guys:
    a)be unable to pick up as much as a paperclip for a week?
    b)injure ta fook
    c)be one hit wonders who never train seriously again?
    d)all of the above?

Well, you see, the human body is like an untidy house. You let it all go to hell for a very long time and then you do one big, strenuous day of effort to get it all cleaned up and in shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm sorry but I'm appalled at that. I know one of the lads involved in that as that's the reason I kept seeing it on my Facebook feed. I don't think pummelling your arms for 8.5 hours in a day will do you ANY good, in fact I can only imagine the damage it does. Is anyone gonna call this "professional" out??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Rule #1 when becoming a PT: Don't take ideas from Rich Piana

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

At this stage I'm like hey whatever works for you and isn't dangerous
    There'd be a difference between someone like mr giant muscles there trying out different things to achieve his goals vs people who are doing it like a one off boot camp and will be scared off training for life if they are new to it ... imo

bluewolf wrote: »
    At this stage I'm like hey whatever works for you and isn't dangerous

Guns doe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Guns doe.

suns out guns out!!!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    suns out guns out!!!

Gun crime has been low of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Augme

Not going to lie, I'd actually like to try it if I wasn't such a lazy ****er.

To me it seems like a physical and mental challenge that will have very little positive effect. In that sense I'm not sure if it's any worse than most crossfit competitions or other long distance events - marathons, ultra marathons etc etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

you tend not to get a huge amount of untrained and unfit people poncing about in ultra marathons though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Augme

strelok wrote: »
    you tend not to get a huge amount of untrained and unfit people poncing about in ultra marathons though

Who said these people are untrained and unfit? The reason untrained and unfit people don't do ultra marathons is because they wouldn't last. Very same with 8 hours arm exercises. I can't imagine anyone who is untrained and unfit could ever complete 8 hours of arm exercises.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

I'm just making a fairly baseless assumption.

Heh, he used to be my PT many moons ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

People are talking about it = it works

and by works I mean it makes him money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Augme wrote: »
    Who said these people are untrained and unfit? The reason untrained and unfit people don't do ultra marathons is because they wouldn't last. Very same with 8 hours arm exercises. I can't imagine anyone who is untrained and unfit could ever complete 8 hours of arm exercises.

I would imagine anyone who is trained and/or fit would know that it would be utterly pointless to do 8 hours of arm exercises.

Naos wrote: »
    I would imagine anyone who is trained and/or fit would know that it would be utterly pointless to do 8 hours of arm exercises.

If you do a bad workout consistently for ten years you'll be in decent shape and not know a bloody thing about fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What if you did an 9 hour arm workout.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »
    What if you did an 9 hour arm workout.....

Id say 8 is for optimal growth

Feck it, I'm going to work my biceps 24hrs a day for the rest of my life.

Zillah wrote: »
    Feck it, I'm going to work my biceps 24hrs a day for the rest of my life.

15.5 hours rest/day is optimal for recovery. And you need time off to go buy new tank tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

36304175.jpg

36304175.jpg

Percy Bishes Shelley, whut

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maybe it's so people doing "8 second abs" are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs for the rest of the day.

He just posted on his Facebook that his clients have seen "growths of half an inch" in the four days since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He just posted on his Facebook that his clients have seen "growths of half an inch" in the four days since.

Inflammation is a bitch alrite

I almost feel silly for going to the gym 5 times a week, 52 weeks a year when I could have achieved results in one day.

• Advertisement

I was just laughing at him earlier but I'm actually getting angry at him now.

Advertisement