Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confectionery/snacks you can't stand

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ITT: everyone is wrong
    :pac:
    Well except licorice and marzipan, mank. So are creme eggs !!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Any bar made of dark chocolate, it's NOT chocolate, it can feck and so can anyone who eats it!!!

On the contrary, it's white chocolate that isn't chocolate, it's literally the leftovers from when they make proper chocolate. Anyone who prefers white chocolate to dark or milk should not be allowed near chocolate again for the rest of their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

kneemos wrote: »
    Anything from Cadbury. Overpriced and slimey.

Completely agree. The quality of cadburys has gone to sh*t the last few years.

Btw I can't stand creme eggs. Awful, glooby things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Turkish Delight, liquorice, creme eggs.

Liquorice. Blerugh. :(
    Not a fan of dark chocolate or minty sweets either. After Eights can go do one.
    Caramac bars are also rather unpleasant.
    And marzipan sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Zaph wrote: »
    On the contrary, it's white chocolate that isn't chocolate, it's literally the leftovers from when they make proper chocolate. Anyone who prefers white chocolate to dark or milk should not be allowed near chocolate again for the rest of their life.

Meh no great opinion of white 'chocolate', I can take it or leave it but I'd rarely ever buy it, still better than dark chocolate though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Party Rings, pink wafers and any chocolate or cake thing flavoured with coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

fussyonion wrote: »
    They do smell rank but my Jaysus they're heavenly.
    You are dead wrong my friend.
    But heeyor, what's your opinion on their cousin, Bacon Fries?

They also have another very evil cousin called Cheese Moments :D Haven't seen them in years but I will never forget the taste, absolutely vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

Reeses kisses have to be the worst from me.
    Someone who'd been in America brought a big bag into work, I was like "yum chocolate" and put about 4 in my mouth, my god they are vile they tasted like Id eaten a dairy milk and then puked it back up! Them Americans can not do chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Popcorn in all of its forms is an evil, smelly substance that is actually made from the dried dredges of the sewers of Hell.

Any bar made of dark chocolate, it's NOT chocolate, it can feck and so can anyone who eats it!!!

Dark chocolate is truer chocolate than the white or milk chocolate, because the higher cacao content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Popcorn in all of its forms is an evil, smelly substance that is actually made from the dried dredges of the sewers of Hell.

Dark chocolate is truer chocolate than the white or milk chocolate, because the higher cacao content.

Nope it's not chocolate, it's pure evil plain and simple, can't argue otherwise.

Ps, popcorn is divine, especially when it's heavily salted and you throw a tube of melted butter in on top of it, mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Cadbury creme eggs are absolutely rotten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I hate Pink Snack bars - the wafer ones.

Love clove rock and dark chocolate with 70 or 80% cocoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭pavb2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Pink snack bars, Turkish delight, liquorice. Completely vile.

The heartbreak of eating a sweet from a box of chocolates only to discover its coffee flavoured...makes me feel queasy just thinking about it.

Roses are awful now. They all taste like coffee sweets.

Pringles, anything peanut flavoured, any chocolate with nuts e.g snickers

Yuck :P

Party Rings, pink wafers and any chocolate or cake thing flavoured with coffee.

Party Rings are great music festival food. I wouldn't have thought this but someone gave me some at Electric Picnic once and they were heavenly!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Dark chocolate anything as well. And I'll eat pringles, but they basically taste of nothing, its weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Golden crisp bars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,729 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Blast from the past

Garbage......only bested in horribleness by Fry's Chocolate Cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Archeron

pavb2 wrote: »

That thing looks like its made out of earwax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I like caramel. I like all caramel bars except that vile, god awful Caramelo bar. ugh just ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭pavb2

Archeron wrote: »
    That thing looks like its made out of earwax
    It's latest reincarnation is Mc vities Gold Bar ear wax is much more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

liquorice allsorts. They are all horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sticks of rock. Used them get loads of them when the rellies came back from their various holidays. ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Those jellybeans in tubs, lots of different colours, but they all taste of the same over sugared sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Snickers.
    Onion Rings.
    Liquorice Sweets (Even though I love the blue and pink bubble-sweets.)
    Chewing/Bubble-Gum.
    Fruit/Wine Gums.
    Ca. Fruit n' Nut / Wholenut.

Am sure there's a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Terry's chocolate orange, disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Pringles really DO taste like cold Smash. (anyone remember Smash? Dried mashed potato powder reconstituted with boiling water.)

Of course, Pringles taste like cold Smash because they are cold...er...

(You didn't really think they slice up all these perfectly round potatoes, did you?)

Can't tolerate the Pringle in any form, gruesome non-food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it's gone now, but Red Bull Cola.
    the single most vile tasting drink ever.

Advertisement