Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFR Kit Bag

Options
  • 21-08-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering for anyone who either is an EFR or who used to be EFR. What kind of kit did u have what did it contain including any diagnostic gear????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

Are you a vol or just an efr looking to get a kit bag together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

https://flashpointsystems.ie/FSM-Oxygen-Trauma-Bag-Starter-Kit.html

Probably not a bad starting point (except you wouldn't need nebulisers - collar mightn't be any harm) . As regards diagnostic gear for a EFR you'd probably only be talking penlight and sphyg?

the flashpoint link above is of not aimed for EFR.

More EMT/Paramedic as it contains nebuliser mask, sharps boxes etc which are a waste for efr since they cannot use them. There is no need to stock stuff you cannot use. Stick to what your level permits you to use and you can't go wrong. Flashpoint Medical sell refil kits (I cannot post a link but you will find it under flashpoint medical home > emergency medical bags > refil kits) for each level. These kits contain gear appropriate for that level . Your best bet is to pick up a bag that will fit all this and buy the refil kit as your contents. Carrying around bags that have space for O2 etc is a waste as your vol group will provide O2 bags.

For diagnostic equipment all you can use is Spo2 finger monitor and a penlight and I think a BP cuff and Sphyg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

megabantz wrote: »
    Are you a vol or just an efr looking to get a kit bag together?

I'm with a vol?? Does that make a difference???

Clab mor wrote: »
    I'm with a vol?? Does that make a difference???

Well yeah it does because If your with a volunteer group talk to them and they might be able to sort you out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 RedNeonTiger

In my experience in a vol, if you need something you better bring it yourself. If you rely on your vol to supply gear its often not there when you need it!

In my experience in a vol, if you need something you better bring it yourself. If you rely on your vol to supply gear its often not there when you need it!

That's not good at all. Is this the case for most vol groups? I recently worked alongside Dublin CD at an event and their EMT and Paramedics were very well kitted out. Is this a once off or is there varying standards between vol groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

That's not good at all. Is this the case for most vol groups? I recently worked alongside Dublin CD at an event and their EMT and Paramedics were very well kitted out. Is this a once off or is there varying standards between vol groups?

The standards strive to get to don't vary..... It's personnel and attitudes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Varies between organisation and units within organisations.

Some units will supply basic kit to members, but in our case most of us prefer to carry our own kit bags so we know where things are and more personalisation, aswell as a potentially wider range of equipment such as diagnostic stuff built up

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bilirubin

Hi Grabone,

Saw this advertised on Facebook over the weekend.
    Looks like a good bargain of a bag for an EFR
    (if not for you then maybe a Christmas present for a new EFR)
    EFR MEDIUM BAG ( kitted out) for €50!!!
    www firstaidshop ie/EMT-Large-p/emt-medium-offer-2.htm
    Loads of stuff in the bag like Pen Torch, OPAs etc

If you got this bag and possibly get these two diagnostics tools
    1. Sphygmomanometer (to take BP by Palpfor the GTN medic)
    2. Pulse Oximeter (get Pulse Rate & SP02 reading)

Also if you had a pouch/holster case
    Then you would be well kitted out well as an EFR.

- bili

• Advertisement
Advertisement