Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knots in Shoulder/Neck

Options
  • 20-08-2015 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just lookign for advice re a knot in my shoulder/neck region. I believe the knot is in the levator scapulae muscle.

Anyone ever had this, and how did you get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I believe the knot is in the levator scapulae muscle.
    Out of curiosity, whats mades you pick that muscle?
    As its a small muscle covered by two or three bigger ones. It's not a mucle you can put you finger on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭atilladehun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Mellor wrote: »
    As its a small muscle covered by two or three bigger ones. It's not a mucle you can put you finger on

Agreed, youd have to get in through the traps to really get at levator scap which is a hodeous pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mellor wrote: »

From doc google, I did a gee searches.

Carried out some stretches, from the stretches and the tightness I experienced it is suggested the muscle in my OP is the cilprit.

Also cause of issues with the muscle such are carrying bags with single shoulder strap, and sitting with head turned( laptop on night stand)

I'll be going physio in a few weeks when my work schedule is back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

From doc google, I did a gee searches

Have I.T. been in touch yet?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The internet is not a physio and neither are we. Closing thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement