Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of love handles??

Options
  • 19-08-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys any advice for getting rid of love handles exercise wise. Tried running i hate it , really hate it i have a big chest and used to have asthma so really puts me off . So really rather prevent an attack.

I enjoy weight lifting though , did the 30 day ab challenge but found i only strength my core not actually loose the hips .

Diet is weetbix morning , no lunch , then stir fry , pork chops with veg , or lasagne for dinner.

I get two takeaway a week which I know I should cut down i weight 9.5 stone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

lose fat is all you can do, you can't spot reduce it you're just going to have to go on a reduced calorie diet for a while and eventually the love handles will go

they are quite often amongst the last to go though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pasta and take away and you want too lose weight?

Only drink water, no fizzy drinks or sugary ones, no carbs and just really meat and veg all means everyday aswell as training regularly

Join a decent gym and they'll advice you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

nothing wrong with carbs...calories is what matter and especially if you're doing any form of exercise carbs are very important

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If you eat more food than you need you will be overweight.
    If you eat less food than you need you will be underweight.

You need to eat less food and you will lose fat.
    You can increase the amount of food your body needs by exercising. Nothing will magically make love handles go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Pasta and take away and you want too lose weight?

Only drink water, no fizzy drinks or sugary ones, no carbs and just really meat and veg all means everyday aswell as training regularly

Join a decent gym and they'll advice you

Well I was eating McDonalds regularly on my last cut, but I guess that's just me desperately trying to squeeze hamburgers and mcnuggets into my macros :pac:

Also, no need to cut out fizzy drinks; coke zero, 7up zero etc. are grand, and going carb-less is f*cking hard if you're training regularly and are used to a high-carb 'chipper diet'.

A 500calorie deficit while keeping protein high is all that's necessary. After you get your protein calories in, it doesn't make much of a difference whether you get your calories from fats or carbs in my experience, and actually 'browner carbs' will leave you satiated for longer than high-fat foods like eggs or avocados.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

i found swimming has helped me immensely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

Do not go without carbs, you will be hungry and in some cases lacking energy. As most of guys said its calories in vs calories out. There was a guy in the states that lost weight just eating twinkies, should you do that? Probably not. Calculate roughly what your maintenance calories are (plenty of resources online for this) and subtract 500 calories from this and that is your calories quota for the day.

Advertisement