Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROUTINE

Options
  • 19-08-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi i have been doing the gym for a while now but im just wondering what way i should continue. Basically i do 10 different exerciese over 3 days. Should i do all biceps/triceps one day, shoulders/back the next and say squats and deadlifts final day. Any opinions appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's the actual program like? Is there a progression?

What are your goals? What are your results like from doing what you are doing?

Why do you want to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

How long is a while?

I suggest you try 'stronglifts 5x5'. Its 3 exercises 3 times a week. You hit every muscle group 3 times a week while making progress every gym session. Each gym session lasts about 45min - 1 hour.

A body split like Mon: Chest, shoulders, triceps. Wed: Back, Biceps. Fri: Legs. Will only hit each myscle group once a week. Stronglifts will work it 3 times a week. Im currently doing madcow and found it brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I dont really have goals a such im just trying to lift heavier and get bigger. I could do with turning belly fat into muscle but done exactly need to lose weight.
    i could pm you my log for you to take a look if you done mind. I feel i maybe doing too many exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Post it up here so you can get input from the more knowledgeable members

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Sorry for hijacking your post but I'm a female wondering about strong lifts I kind of looked it up on YouTube but am not really sure how to start out. I am looking to drop 2stone through diet but tone up along the way. I do two spinning classes a week, if that makes any difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Sorry to be awkward but I have a reason for not posting my log. If a knowledgeable gym goer could pm me I would appreciate the help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

ja1986 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking your post but I'm a female wondering about strong lifts I kind of looked it up on YouTube but am not really sure how to start out. I am looking to drop 2stone through diet but tone up along the way. I do two spinning classes a week, if that makes any difference

Well you got the right idea. Website for stronglifts is http://stronglifts.com/5x5/...its starts of easy but gets extremely difficult and taxing on your body. Gym sessions are short and sweet...45 mins each 3 times a week. You can keep doing spinning class if you like.

Your right the key to losing weight is diet. Download the app "my fitness pal" and log everything you eat. Its simple and quick. A good start would be a 50/25/25 split. 50% carbs, 25% proteins and 25% fats. Im not too sure for girls but when im losing weight I aim for 1800-2000 calories a day. Id say you could be a small be lower than that. Aim to lose no more than 0.5kg a week. Prob not advised by i usually treat myself to one small 'cheat' meal once every week/ 2 weeks just to keep my sanity. Every 6 weeks or so therea no harm taking a week off just at a 'maintenance' diet - not losing or gaining weight.

Advertisement