Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman treats Indian migrant to day out at Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

“I'm over here for a week with EMC carrying out MVT (Manufacturing Validation Testing) to set up a new distributor for a new product called Vspex Blue.

Now what is Vspex Blue and where can we get it ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Posting on his Facebook page, Liam added pictures of the duo’s day together in Ferrari World - saying light-heartedly of Shakiha that he had “some craic with the hoore all day.”

Brilliant, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Sounds like a tampon for ladybits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Love this story. Fair play to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Good job he took the trouble to put it on his arsebook page and tell the world what a geat guy he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Good job he took the trouble to put it on his arsebook page and tell the world what a geat guy he is.

Ah piss off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

It's better than what normally gets posted on FB though.

He did a nice thing for that guy, "likewhoring" post or not.

Not as bad as those guys who play guitars to the homeless, but certainly a touch of self promotion about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Bet he get the roide for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Not as bad as those guys who play guitars to the homeless, but certainly a touch of self promotion about it.

No they are actually genuine.

I've often thought, if ever I was unlucky enough to lose the roof over my head, what's the first thing I'd want? Some cnut with a guitar doesn't even come close.

I am curious though, given that they are both foriegners, why is he "Irishman" and the other guy is the "Indian Migrant"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Did he do anything for the hundreds of thousands of Indian/Asian slave workers in that part of the world?

If he's in construction then his company could be employing sub contractors who pay their slave workers a pittance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Maybe he thought it was just humorous or light hearted or would cheer someone up? You're going to die someday.at least try to enjoy yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 DetroitSpinR

How did breaking.ie get wind of this story?

Did Liam go and do something out of the goodness of his heart and then call the press to announce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

AlekSmart wrote: »

Vspex Blue is people!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

So someone gave someone 61 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I don't think there's ever been a thread on here that I cared less about.

What about the thousands over the years that you didn't read or post on?

Yea, call me cynical, but it also bothers me that people do something nice just to get attention and "likes" from other people. It's like people don't do something for themselves and the other person, it has to be for the whole world.

To quote Scroobius Pip -
    So I won't put the nice things we do on YouTube
    Don't need the world the world to love me - I just need you to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fcuk it, even it is a bit of self promotion, he didn't have to do it but he did it, so fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Man does something nice for a fellow man without repercussions and people here worry about sincerity? Smmfh.

crockholm wrote: »
    Man does something nice for a fellow man without repercussions and people here worry about sincerity? Smmfh.

Smmfh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Smmfh?
    Shaking my mutha-fukkin head.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i was once bringing bags of rubbish out to the skip of our company and the bags feel and some of them ripped i was furouis i evetually brought them to where there were suppose to go but some girl who saw me struggle came into my job and gave me a packet of sweets and said i saw you struggle with the rubbish and i know how it feels. there are good people out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Did he do anything for the hundreds of thousands of Indian slave workers in that part of the country?

If he's in construction then his company could be employing sub contractors who pay their slave workers a pittance.
    What have you done yourself for slaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I think he would have rather enjoyed the park with someone than be in there alone and didn't want the driver waiting all day was probably his main motivation instead of getting likes on fb.
    Sharing his story was just another part to it.
    Jesus there are some amount of miserable knobs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Smmfh?

Shaking my motherfuccking head

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

How did breaking.ie get wind of this story?

all I saw was breakingwind.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Ah piss off.

He's not wrong though, if the only reason you're helping someone out is so you can get 5 minutes of fame on facebook, then you need to have a good long look at yourself.

There are plenty of people who quietly help people out every day, thankfully most of them don't feel the need to turn it into a clickbait story on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Did he do anything for the hundreds of thousands of Indian/Asian slave workers in that part of the world?

He is not in Construction

Unless EMC moved away from building storage array's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

ah will you stop you moan bag.
    It's a decent story and if more people in the UAE treated the poorer folk there like this it would be a better place.

He did a really nice thing and while you slag off the facebook element you should consider that FB is for family and friends somebody else chose to share this to a wider audience.

I've 220 friends on fb - if I did something nice and posted about it I'd say 50people would read it and they'd be close family/friends rather broadcasting it worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

What have you done yourself for slaves?

Gave them employment?

Advertisement