Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV in apartments via microwave transmission

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

majority of sky apartments have a fibre infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

How many subscriptions (on average) would Sky need to agree to add communal dish. Live in a 40 apartment block all currently UPC/Virgin Media.
    I'd say only 10 apartments would opt for Sky at the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dublin or regional?

Dublin or regional?

Galway City

if you post your development on the talk to sky forum they can answer if its on the plan

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057445097

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

if you post your development on the talk to sky forum they can answer if its on the plan

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057445097

Thanks for that link

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

I just for sky installed in our apartment by KBO on Tuesday.

Basically there is a shared dish on the roof, a fibre cable comes down into the facilities room in the apartment, gets connected into the UPC infrastructure that is there, then a splitter is used in the apartment coming from the UPC connection to split the signal to the 2 connections on the sky+ box. Signal is perfect.

only issue is if you have your broadband through that connection too it will need to be moved to a different outlet, unless you can live with not having the record function on your box.

Turtle-TM wrote: »

Basically there is a shared dish on the roof, a fibre cable comes down into the facilities room in the apartment, gets connected into the UPC infrastructure that is there, then a splitter is used in the apartment coming from the UPC connection to split the signal to the 2 connections on the sky+ box. Signal is perfect.

only issue is if you have your broadband through that connection too it will need to be moved to a different outlet, unless you can live with not having the record function on your box.

Did sky pay for the install? Or did ye pay through the management company? Did every apartment sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

I didn't pay anything for installation. I had sent sky a request to tell me when it would be available as I tried to sign up a few months ago and they told me they were working on getting it to the apartments.

When mine was installed he was doing one other, and said he was out 3 times previously. It is 2 blocks of 16 apartments so not too many have signed up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Turns out we do have a shared dish in the apartment block, Sky just sent out the wrong installer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Turtle-TM wrote: »

Basically there is a shared dish on the roof, a fibre cable comes down into the facilities room in the apartment, gets connected into the UPC infrastructure that is there, then a splitter is used in the apartment coming from the UPC connection to split the signal to the 2 connections on the sky+ box.

It must be a bit more complicated than that as you cannot split satellite signals for sky.

Advertisement