Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Email with indigo.ie

Options
  • 17-08-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

A quick question - and apologies if in wrong section. My indigo.ie email account suddenly stopped working over the weekend - seems not to be receiving email at all. Have checked with Outlook and also with web2mail - but no luck.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You need to contact eircom.

Indigo is up and working atm, so the issue is individual to you most likely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Try eircom support or the eircom forums, you're not the first to have problems: https://community.eircom.ie/webmail-97/indigoie-account-29034

Personally, I'd be moving to an alternative email provider rather than using a long since swallowed ISP. Get yourself a free email account from somehting like GMail or Microsoft Outlook/Live etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gercremore

EIrcom only dealing with me on a premium line - as I switched phone to UPC but managed to retain my indigo.ie address

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Gercremore wrote: »
    EIrcom only dealing with me on a premium line - as I switched phone to UPC but managed to retain my indigo.ie address

I think that's the case for most Indigo customers that's why I suggested you move email providers.

At some point I would guess Eircom will just switch off the Indigo mail servers, if that happens you will have no way of receiving emails and as a non-customer you will have no come back.

Much better to start moving to a new provider now, at least that will give you some time to reply to anyone mailing your old @indigo address to tell them your email has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leahydindigo

well again EIR rip us off

ive had an indigo.ie email account since emails began lol

NOw they have cut me off

They say they texted me but have evidence no such thing happened

they just said on the phone

you didnt pay so end of conversation

She was no help at all if i was aware of a fee id of paid as having an indigo account is a status in my eyes

It means you have been around for years and still going strong

At least when eircom took over indigo we didnt have to pay

Any suggestions

mobile no if anyone can help <removed>

Damian

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've removed the phone number, don't post personal details like that in public.

But I can't find any evidence of Eir starting to charge for Indigo email addresses. Mine is still working, and there's no reports of others not working.

I'm 99% sure that whoever you spoke to in Eir didn't know the difference between Indigo and Eir addresses. Even ten years ago, their own staff no longer knew how to reset an Indigo password.

Advertisement