Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Foods

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

gmogames wrote: »
    What I was desperate to find was american Frosted Flakes, as I find the ones here in Ireland tasting like feet!

But in terms of cereal, Frosted Flakes and Froot Loops. For sweets, skittles and twizzlers (I found twizzlers in Candy Lab).

I actually don't know how the irish regulation is for food, but there is a big difference in taste of foods and even soda from anywhere in the world to here. Maybe they use less sugar, sodium, or the other bad stuff, which is better for your health, but not very tasty.

Which is ironic, because I find that Irish chocolates are way sweeter then in the US. Maybe all the sugar they take out from other food goes in the chocolates :)

Cheers

Hey, I replied to your earlier post.

I am almost sure Mr Simms on Dame Street have Froot Loops (unsure of the price though)

Also saw these twizzlers on Amazon UK, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twizzlers-Strawberry-Candy-Twists-Pcs/dp/B0016MN9G8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440169521&sr=8-6&keywords=twizzlers Seems like a good price £19.99 for 180pcs

I know you didn't specifically mention them but I was in Fresh today and they had twinkies €1.99..for ONE :eek:
    Can also get them on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hostess-Twinkies-Cakes-13-58-385g/dp/B00F0O8X4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440169788&sr=8-1&keywords=twinkies £6.99 for 10.

Amazon offer free delivery with orders over £20.00 which is handy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    It was ballybrack, but I was in again yesterday and that section was totally gone, there was an asian supermarket type shelf beside it to which is gone too. It might have moved elsewhere in the shop, I will check next time.
    I forgot about this thread, the section did move and it also got smaller. There are no twinkies anymore. They have lucky charms and marshmallow fluff and a few other US things I had not hread of before.

I think the lucky charms were €8 for a box which is 453g on tesco UK.

I saw dealz are doing single serving 49g pots of lucky charms for €1.49

http://www.dealz.ie/lucky-charm-cereal-pot-49g

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

"Ted, I'll have a pop tart"
    Never knew pop tarts were American. Swear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Pretty sure I saw Twinkies in Tesco, Merion Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Pretty sure I saw Twinkies in Tesco, Merion Centre

"drool" I HAVE to try one of these. Are they sell them in every tesco?

• Advertisement

Dealz regularly have good priced (€1.49) American candy :) the last time I was there, there was for example: twinkies, runts, various types of reeses, cookie dough brownie bites, lucky charms, nerds; that's all I can remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"drool" I HAVE to try one of these. Are they sell them in every tesco?

I doubt it, not in mine any more and its fairly big. Someone said they were quite disappointed with them and saying to go to dealz instead rather than fork out a fortune for a 10 pack. When you look at what you could get instead it would put me off, like would I want a twinkie or some fancy cream bun for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

gmogames wrote: »
    I actually don't know how the irish regulation is for food, but there is a big difference in taste of foods and even soda from anywhere in the world to here. Maybe they use less sugar, sodium, or the other bad stuff, which is better for your health, but not very tasty.

its actually the other way around, we actually use sugar whereas in the USA they put tonnes of fructose corn syrup into soda

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KateofSpade

Hi All - I miss Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut, Etc. Dunkin Donuts in UK is nothing like home. Looks like I will be stalking some of the stores mentioned above this weekend...

Advertisement