Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym 3 times a Week

Options
  • 14-08-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Is going gym 3 times a week worth it ?

I wanted someones perspective on going to the gym during the Leaving Cert.
    I am at the stage of thinking of continuing going to the gym or not, I was planning to go Friday to Sunday, every week of my LC, untill the last few months. Every day during the school holidays.
    The gym would take me 1.30hrs max.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well worth it for your head during your LC year. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Deffo! For all sorts of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yep, definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

I played football during my Leaving Cert. Used to travel from Laois to UL and get home at all hours, but mentally it helped to focus and destress. I do weights four or five days now and would definitely recommend it for the same reason, if you can get your diet right, you're on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roisin.browne

I would recommend it! It will help clear your head and keep the stress levels down. It's important to find a way to wind down and the gym would be excellent for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

i gave up football for my leaving cert and didn't do any sports.

It's something that is regrettable as it took me 5 years to get back into any activity.
    I'd defo keep some training or sports going.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

If you actually like going to the gym then yes it is worth it. If you are only going because you think you should then its not.

I started going running first thing every morning coming up to my postgrad exams and I found it a great way of starting the day. The fact it only takes 20-30 mins for a really good workout is a benefit too. In the gym you spend a lot of time not really doing anything I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MTBD wrote: »
    If you actually like going to the gym then yes it is worth it. If you are only going because you think you should then its not.

I started going running first thing every morning coming up to my postgrad exams and I found it a great way of starting the day. The fact it only takes 20-30 mins for a really good workout is a benefit too. In the gym you spend a lot of time not really doing anything I find.

OP is thinking about continuing going to the gym so it's likely they do like it.

Going without a plan is a sure fire way to spend time inefficiently. But that doesn't mean people don't do very much in the time they spend in the gym.

For example, I'd probably get more bang for my buck in 20 mins in the gym than in 20 minutes sppent running.

Advertisement