Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking a girl out via instagram

Options
2»

Comments

There's a girl from my college that I quite fancy and after seen ger instagram pictures I can tell a little bit her personality may be suited to mine.. I have seen this girl out ina club once (3 months ago) an introduced myself an a lil chat.. and im wondering now how do I ask this girl for her number via instagram without coming across as a creep.. Im not on Facebook so the only way i figure is instagram but its quite unheard of.. Any ideas?

Honestly, this is what facebook is for. If you have no problem asking a girl out over instagram, you should really get a facebook account. Just add her on that and get chatting.

What a brave new world.:rolleyes:

My issue is not with the means of communication; it's with the message. Honestly, some of what I've read just comes across as weird, and would strike me as weird no matter whether a fella intended to approach a woman via the phone, an app or by saying hello on the street.

No offence meant, but it's just not sitting right with me.

My issue is not with the means of communication; it's with the message. Honestly, some of what I've read just comes across as weird, and would strike me as weird no matter whether a fella intended to approach a woman via the phone, an app or by saying hello on the street.

No offence meant, but it's just not sitting right with me.

Well If you are covering yourself for offence with me none taken. I can't see what wouldn't sit right with you about my suggestion to find common ground on something she is interested in and begin a conversation. Hardly anything you could consider sinister.

The OP hasn't suggested a message. Im sure he would be happy to hear yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Isn't Instagram for ego stroking and posting pics of your paelo diet?? Yeah that'd be kinda strange. "Hey that salad looks so healthy and clean, want to sleep with me?"

Wait.

People have found relationships through Instagram. Through Instagram?!

• Advertisement

The OP hasn't suggested a message. Im sure he would be happy to hear yours.

Instead of sending someone a blank picture and asking to chat, he could find an attractive lass who lives near by and knock on her door while wearing a mask over his face. :eek:

That, by the way, is intended neither a serious suggestion nor as an insult. :rolleyes:

This is the Gentlemen's Club. If a gentleman wishes to address a lady with a view to asking her out, why not just do so - with a message that is polite and mannerly, a picture so that the lady in question can see who he is, and contact details in case she wants to follow up on the request.

If she's interested she'll say so. If she's not she'll say so. The worst that can happen is that she'll be a bit mean in the way she says no - in which case it's no real loss to the OP.

Not complicated. Not odd. Just straightforward. No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's funny on dating sites when you have your photo up and someone with no photo accuses you of being shallow because you won't talk to them without them having a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Ignore all the nah sayers....Life is too short ......Just send her a comment about one of her post on Insta and see if he replies.....Try strike up a bit of banter and then maybe suggest swapping numbers for an actual chat.

Sounds like ya might not even see her in real life anyway so no awarksnesdd .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

The opening post was in 2015.

spongebob could’ve married this girl in the intervening time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know this is from 2015 but you must be a good looker. I remember once many years ago when I was in college(this goes along with all those that said say it to her face) I used to see this girl around anyway one evening as I was leaving my estate(where I was living for college. It was just across from the college) I seen her and said Hi, how are you. She was shocked and acted odd as if I was going to do something to her. She said do I know you. I said no I seen you around and thought I'd say Hi. Anyway never done that again. Made me uncomfortable and probably for her too. But yea to their face isn't always good.

Would have been a lot easier to track her down on social media and ask that way and if she declined no big deal. And no feeling uncomfortable and awkward and mad thoughts wondering why that happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement