Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put the Kettle(bell) on Love?

Options
  • 11-08-2015 9:45am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Having had a break from weight training for about 2 years due to boredom I've got my hands on a 16kg Kettlebell and I'm considering trying it out.

Bit of back story. I hate working out. I'm very much in the camp of minimal hassle and ill do it. I found weight training in the gym incredibly boring and even though I had results I knew it wouldn't last. I still train via running to keep fit.

So I'm looking for Kettlebell advise tips and recommendations please!

It seems like I could manage a 30 minute routine in the mornings before leaving the house which would be ideal. However it's glaringly obvious that there is a high risk of doing injury so I'd like to know where to start.

As I mentioned it has been a couple of years since I weight trained but I do have that knowledge.

Appreciate your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I use kettle bells as strength training for running and I used to use them in combination with martial arts. I would recommend taking one or two classes to get the technique right before you train at home. It's a tricky technique to learn from YouTube etc. if you are near Galway I would recommend Sarah Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Cont. if outside Galway look for instructors who train people for Girevoy sport which is the kettlebells sport. Don't train near anything breakable (eg tv) in case you drop the bell and always wear shoes. Enjoy!

Advertisement