Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheat meals

Options
  • 11-08-2015 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Cheat meals. I had 2 cheat meals This week.
    I go to the gym 5 times a week. How long would it take to burn off a takeaway.
    Does anybody else have Cheat meals
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

How long is a piece of string?

If 90% of your diet is as it should be, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Aside from that, it depends on the calories in the 'cheat' meal (I hate that term) and what your average daily calorie intake is like

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thevillaman

kebab meal. Taco chips. No bad meals in 8 weeks. And before that 5 months ago. The next bad meal plan is in 5 months time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I don't like the term cheat meal, it implies something shameful, also the phrase 'I fell off the wagon' there is no wagon. In your opinion you slipped up, we all do relax get back to it, try again, don't stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

i find it strange that someone who dedicates enough time to going to the gym 5 times a week, wouldn't understand a "cheat meal". Of course other people have them.

What do you do in the gym to "burn it off"? How long are you in the gym? Are you lifting heavy weights or an a cross-trainer for 30 minutes?

Need some more info to give any help..

main thing is just forget about it, it is one meal.

kebab meal. Taco chips. No bad meals in 8 weeks. And before that 5 months ago. The next bad meal plan is in 5 months time

Then fugeddaboudit.

• Advertisement

2 weeks of Insanity program. Then back to bulking up. I know you lose some muscle from cardio . But that's the fun building back up. Someone said to me. 1 bad meal won't make you fat. And 1 good meal won't make you strong & healthy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

meals are calories, figure out how much calories you eat and how much you use each day.

I eat small meals 7 times a day.

6 o'clock in the morning. coffee ,crackers, peanut butter,

9 o'clock in the morning. Bowl of oats,or 8 egg whites. Protein shake

11 o'clock in the morning. Snack food like fruit nuts seeds and berries

1 o'clock. Lunch time. Chicken salad, Or soup, or beans on crackers

The gym time

5 o'clock. Dinner time. Chicken or
    Steak or fish with sweet potatoes. Or Brown rice, Mix vegetables

9 o'clock at night. Leftovers from
    dinner

12 o'clock at night. If hungry a bowl cereal

Vitamins
    Zinc.
    Magnesium.
    Bcaa
    Copper
    L-Glutamine
    Iron
    vitamin D
    Creatine
    And SW superme whey protein

MyFitnessPal will tell you what's in that if you know quantities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I eat small meals 7 times a day.

6 o'clock in the morning. coffee ,crackers, peanut butter,

9 o'clock in the morning. Bowl of oats,or 8 egg whites. Protein shake

11 o'clock in the morning. Snack food like fruit nuts seeds and berries

1 o'clock. Lunch time. Chicken salad, Or soup, or beans on crackers

The gym time

5 o'clock. Dinner time. Chicken or
    Steak or fish with sweet potatoes. Or Brown rice, Mix vegetables

9 o'clock at night. Leftovers from
    dinner

12 o'clock at night. If hungry a bowl cereal

Vitamins
    Zinc.
    Magnesium.
    Bcaa
    Copper
    L-Glutamine
    Iron
    vitamin D
    Creatine
    And SW superme whey protein

So basically add all those calories up, then figure out how much you burn per day, your bmr + how much you exercise.

If you think of how many calories you consume in your 5 months between cheat meals you will see that one meal is completely inconsequential.

AS to how long it takes to burn an amount of calories it will depend on the exercise and intensity but a takeaway could have a couple thousand calories depending.

• Advertisement
Advertisement