Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 2 H2H 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh the Q league is tough to get out of wouldn't want to be back down there again you need a freak season to get out of it now. Glad I'll have the safety net of being in league 1 next which I am guessing you probably will too.

How many of the 3 going up from League 2 came from the Qualifying League last year does anyone know?

I get that I'm exactly the person who should know that but eh....yeah about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk

I think myself and Jimmii are going up from the Qualifying League to League 2 to League 1 in 2 years.

Don't think the leader (who's boards username I don't know) was in the qualifying league last year but might be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    How many of the 3 going up from League 2 came from the Qualifying League last year does anyone know?

I get that I'm exactly the person who should know that but eh....yeah about that

For a while I think 3 or 4 of us were right up there. I would say it shows the quality of those who came up last year but I've had a shocking season and just got lucky as f in the h2h fixtures!

Think I finished 3rd last year in the qualifying league last year and as it stands my points would put in the exact same place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Came up from the FSA qualifying but more from people not joining than my success, just outside the 10k at present but in GW28 i had a 288k OR.

• Advertisement

Found overall last years FSA table

FSA_league_tables.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So I'm relegated, but if teams above me dont take their place next season, does thst mean I stay up by default?

Its worth a try!

:D

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So I'm relegated, but if teams above me dont take their place next season, does thst mean I stay up by default?

Its worth a try!

Haha nope you're gone unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Haha nope you're gone unfortunately

Am sure theres a loop hole some where! Ah back to the qualifiers.

I've just seen what David silver is God did :eek: if I had known I was going to have a 16 point start I would have thought I was a shoe in for a win what a score!

• Advertisement

I've just seen what David silver is God did :eek: if I had known I was going to have a 16 point start I would have thought I was a shoe in for a win what a score!

That was a bit nuts but definitely paid off for him. 57 is a great score this week.

lassykk wrote: »
    That was a bit nuts but definitely paid off for him. 57 is a great score this week.

Certainly is! Thats 40 points of hits in 4 weeks and we still couldn't catch him!

Certainly is! Thats 40 points of hits in 4 weeks and we still couldn't catch him!

He must have really been going for it in one of his leagues!

Certainly wasn't anything to do with this league.

Hope we can make it three promotions in a row next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

That's me lads. I'm chasing a private league(the only one that matters to me) by 59 points, I gambled so I would have a completely different eleven and just came up short :(

Am I promoted to league one now? Was a horrible season for me, this league is only one that went right!

I think All Depay and Cech Please are going to draw so i should move into 4th all going well, might sneak promotion. I have won 9 of my last 11 games.

POKERKING wrote: »
    That's me lads. I'm chasing a private league(the only one that matters to me) by 59 points, I gambled so I would have a completely different eleven and just came up short :(

Am I promoted to league one now? Was a horrible season for me, this league is only one that went right!

I'm afraid not its 2nd-4th that goes up then there is a play-off between 8th down in the league up then the top two not promoted in the league below and you its two legs first is a blind pick FA Cup round then the next is a quick fire quiz round to see who else goes up.

Steven81 wrote: »
    I think All Depay and Cech Please are going to draw so i should move into 4th all going well, might sneak promotion. I have won 9 of my last 11 games.

I would be surprised if 5th didn't go up. Its not going to be like previous seasons with people dropping out but surely a couple of extra spots will open up.

The final table.

FSA_lg2_final_table.jpg

The top 6 were all in the top 7 in GW12 shows how hard it is to make up ground in this format.

The top 6 were all in the top 7 in GW12 shows how hard it is to make up ground in this format.

I'd have to agree. It's not a format I'm crazy about, despite doing well in it.

I didn't give this as much focus as my normal leagues and this is the first H2H league I've ever been in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Finished 6th in the end. A bit disappointing when I spent a large part of the season within top 3/4. 5 defeats in the last 7 games mainly due to my GW33 WC plan.

Not sure it'll be enough for back to back promotion too.

Anyway, it's a good season that could have turned great had I played better/been luckier with my GW33 WC and its consequences! I feel I'm not the only one in that position.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

When I was saving it I just happened to have a table from GW12 was surprised how similar it was at the top. I would imagine its due to teams doing poorly overall who will typically slide to the bottom of the H2H as they stop making changes and lose interest get beaten by the top 8 probably 80%ish of the time and then all the other matches are close enough to 50/50 so if you get a good start someone is going to need to win well over expectation to make up many points.

Neoulous wrote: »
    Finished 6th in the end. A bit disappointing when I spent a large part of the season within top 3/4. 5 defeats in the last 7 games mainly due to my GW33 WC plan.

Not sure it'll be enough for back to back promotion too.

Anyway, it's a good season that could have turned great had I played better/been luckier with my GW33 WC and its consequences! I feel I'm not the only one in that position.

WC screwed me up too. Never had one go so bad before hopefully never have to again! 6th is a tricky one but you never know! If there were any Politics posters in the leagues above (lets be honest doesn't seem like there would be that much cross over!) then you might be in luck with all the drama thats been going on there the last while.

When I was saving it I just happened to have a table from GW12 was surprised how similar it was at the top. I would imagine its due to teams doing poorly overall who will typically slide to the bottom of the H2H as they stop making changes and lose interest get beaten by the top 8 probably 80%ish of the time and then all the other matches are close enough to 50/50 so if you get a good start someone is going to need to win well over expectation to make up many points.
    I don't think this situation is representative of the wider situation. I was close to the top of the FSA Premier League around that point, possibly top.

I stayed up last night because Rashford bagged a 2nd bonus point by 1 BPS.

I don't think this situation is representative of the wider situation. I was close to the top of the FSA Premier League around that point, possibly top.

I stayed up last night because Rashford bagged a 2nd bonus point by 1 BPS.

No obviously its not the case with every league. I'm just bitter because in GW34 I lost to a dead team after lots of careful planning!

Hope Rashford didn't keep you up too late :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

14th place and survival, i'll take that in this most unpredictable of seasons. Particular commiserations to Scaldyballs - 150pts more than myself, and indeed, 1pt more than 3rd place, yet gets relegated! :eek:

Got 4th highest score and finished 4th.

Congratulations to POKERKING who has won the FSA League Two this year. While this is a free to enter league (and is staying that way next year), this year we're able to offer a 20 euro prize to the winner, which finnharpsboy was able to source, so you should PM him to arrange a payment method. Would like to be able to offer prizes again next year so if anyone has anything to offer or knows the right places to look, can you give me a PM?

The following are the 20 posters who've secured a spot in the 16/17 FSA League Two

F1ngers
    Capajoma
    deadlineday
    Steven81
    Cypher sounds
    Neoulous
    FrClintPower
    P.Walnuts
    Tony_Montana
    Ziegler1988
    shano_88
    El Horseboxo
    unkymo
    manual_man
    John83
    PARlance
    SpaceCowb0y
    ElTel
    T-b0n3
    GetWithIt

Just like last year if anyone knows already they're not gonna join up next year for whatever reason, can you let me know so I can free up your space to the next eligible contender. The next eligible contenders will be 4th in the Qualifying League onwards. I'll get the PMs out shortly after the site goes live and the deadline to sign up will then be July 31st 23:59.

Note: If you've changed username over the course of the last year, let me know. I had a few last year where I had to spend a good bit of time searching who people actually were because I had their old username. This year I won't be doing that. If I can't send you a PM to the username (never mind if its just a misspelling above on my part) above, your place will go to the next eligible entrant.

Anyone with a copy of the league table from this year? Website from this year has gone down a lot earlier than I expected so I'm left without a copy of the final table for points tiebreakers in cases of attrition.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a copy of the league table from this year? Website from this year has gone down a lot earlier than I expected so I'm left without a copy of the final table for points tiebreakers in cases of attrition.

9th post on this page. That's annoying about the site I normally copy my history page guess I'm a bit late now! Hopefully that essential upgrades will mean quicker processing hopefully not too many other changes. Or maybe it's to back up the truck to pick up all the useless chips we scattered around the place.

Advertisement