Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Navan - where to avoid?

Options
  • 07-08-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Currently living in Maynooth at the minute but I have just received a letter notifying me that the landlord wants to move back into the house giving us 42 days to find somewhere new.

We are taking it as an opportunity to move back a little closer to our family and as such Navan suits as a point between where we work and where our families live.

Given the short time frame we have I don't want to be pressured into moving into a place just because we need to move out but it gives me little time to assess and research houses that we look at.

So I am wondering if anyone could share estates in Navan that are best avoided, either for anti social reasons or other reasons I may not have thought of.

We will be travelling to Maynooth each day so easy access to the M3 would be beneficial. We are two professionals who prefer the quiet life also so quieter, mature estates would be preferred.

EDIT: Forgot to say our budget would be up to €1300 a month and we would be looking at 3/4 bed houses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Would you prefer living in the town itself or the nearby countryside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

Estates?
    Why not look a little further out, either north or south of the town and there's a many 3-5 bed houses going for less than 1300 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Would you prefer living in the town itself or the nearby countryside?

Definitely not in the town itself, nearer the country side would be preferred. But high speed broadband is a must so that has to be taken into consideration.
    Estates?
    Why not look a little further out, either north or south of the town and there's a many 3-5 bed houses going for less than 1300 per month.

That would be the preference but I also need a high speed broadband connection for work, preferably a UPC 240mb connection so we have to take that into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Going to look at a property on Carne Hill johnstown village during the week if anyone has any thoughts on the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Going to look at a property on Carne Hill johnstown village during the week if anyone has any thoughts on the area?

I live there. It's a very nice place to live (Mature estate circa 15 years old). All house are detached.

PM me if you require further info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement