Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellblade

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Thanks for that, ill hold off on it till i pick up some decent headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Finished it there, "only" 7 hours but that had some of the most intense/terrifying experiences I've played in a long time!
    The house/swamp where you can barely see, and there are these... things, all around - never again!

Also the first game to really make my PC scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Down to €20 in the PS store until 7th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Can you play this without a headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's best played with one for the full experience but you can play it without.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You can just use normal headphones. That's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭jones

Just finished this and enjoyed it. Very different shall we say but graphically and audio were top notch on the pro. Used the Sony wireless headphones for most of it and it does add to the atmosphere. Lots of voices

Did everyone get all the lorestones? I missed 4 but not starting this again to platinum it ha. Its emotionally draining.

[\spoiler]

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Hellblade is up on the Xbox store for pre-order.
    10% discount on pre-orders before release on 11th April.
    Xbox One X enhanced support.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why did I think this was a PS Exclusive? Maybe it was just timed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After a major distraction when I was half way through the game, I finally got back to it this week and cleared it last night. Absolutely astonishing game. What a painful journey, don't care think i could playthrough again for the last few lore stones. Looked up the secret scene that plays after you find all of them, good enough for me.

Highly recommend it.

For the ending,
    Actually felt like a weight lifted off me when she dropped the head. Yeah she still has the voices but felt more at peace with them. Devs did a great job of connecting you to Senua, brilliant performance by the actor.

The feeling of anxiety in the cabin in the dark was crazy. I played tense games before but that was different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm really enjoying this...

The sound is fantastic on headphones. Even though the combat is relatively simple, when you come up against multiple enemies and the voices go nuts it really gets the heart going :pac:

Just after defeating Valravn, looking forward to more "boss" fights cuz that was great.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    After a major distraction when I was half way through the game, I finally got back to it this week and cleared it last night. Absolutely astonishing game. What a painful journey, don't care think i could playthrough again for the last few lore stones. Looked up the secret scene that plays after you find all of them, good enough for me.

Highly recommend it.

For the ending,
    Actually felt like a weight lifted off me when she dropped the head. Yeah she still has the voices but felt more at peace with them. Devs did a great job of connecting you to Senua, brilliant performance by the actor.

The feeling of anxiety in the cabin in the dark was crazy. I played tense games before but that was different.

She isn't even an actor, which makes it even more impressive. She's Ninja Theory's video editor and they asked her to stand in for mo-cap and scanning tests and they took it from there. She's also gorgeous when she's not a tribal woman struggling with psychosis!

She won a lot of awards for the performance too, including a BAFTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    She isn't even an actor, which makes it even more impressive. She's Ninja Theory's video editor and they asked her to stand in for mo-cap and scanning tests and they took it from there. She's also gorgeous when she's not a tribal woman struggling with psychosis!

She won a lot of awards for the performance too, including a BAFTA.

****ing amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

This is €18 on PSN until 08th August (I think but don't quote me on end date). Finally clicked the purchase button earlier. Had been watching it for ages due to the good reviews on here. Will probably be a few weeks before I can play (data caps Grr) but looking forward to finally trying it.

Also on sale on Xbox , same price I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Also on sale on Xbox , same price I believe.

Have you played it? I'm going in totally blind. All I know is what I've read in this thread which is just it's great and play with headphones. I trust the judgement of those who posted so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Have you played it? I'm going in totally blind. All I know is what I've read in this thread which is just it's great and play with headphones. I trust the judgement of those who posted so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Yeah I played it wasn't mad about the combat at times but everything else is pure class as an experience. Do it totally blind with head phones.

Looks incredible on a pro or one x.

The combat is very basic but I enjoyed it. There's a serious weight to the sword that makes parries and hitting enemies very satisfying.

Advertisement