Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workout times

Options
  • 06-08-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm just a beginner 2 years workout sometimes people are telling me 45min in the gym and anything over that is to long sometimes I can workout for 2 to 4 hours a day I never forget to do recovery ? How much time in the gym is right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The time you spend is irrelevant. Some people could do more in 45 minutes than others would do in 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

What Alf said , It's what you do when you are in there that matters not the time spent. In saying that if you are in there for 2 hours I would assume your not lifting heavy enough, generally I'm worn out after 40 minutes. I done 25 minutes of heavy lifting last week and was exausted.

Quality over quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thevillaman

Hi and thanks I go up the weights every 2 weeks just say dumbbells I started on 15kg 2 weeks later 20kg
    2 weeks later 25kg i'm lifting for technique ok I do my workout after 45min I take 2 or 3min break just to catch my breath then I get this burst of energy from some where then I have to burn of the extra energy

Burn off the extra energy by typing full stops.

• Advertisement

Ok. Full stops on all next posts.
    Thanks for telling me.
    Didn't notice.
    Have to stop texting fast.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Time always flies in the gym. Find it hard to keep under an hour, of which half is usually squats/deadlifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Breaks between sets is the biggest factor in my experience.

I probably do as many sets as I did when I was training last year, but on an intense day where I'm lifting heavy weight, I need a good 3-5mins between sets on squats and deadlifts.

If you're stuck for time try supersets.

I need a good 3-5mins between sets on squats and deadlifts.

Meant to add that originally.

Some people spend 3-5 minutes between warm-up sets with the bar trying to find the right filter for a photo of the gym to put on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Meant to add that originally.

Some people spend 3-5 minutes between warm-up sets with the bar trying to find the right filter for a photo of the gym to put on Instagram.

... it's Chrome... just use Chrome...

• Advertisement

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    ... it's Chrome... just use Chrome...

....Google Chrome?

(I don't know what a Tracker Mortgage is)

Edit: Eureka! It might be a filter name. But not on what I have...

Advertisement