Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clueless Please Help!

Options
  • 04-08-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

So I've been working out a good bit in the gym lately and it seems to be working as I've lost a lot of weight (combined with eating healthier). However the main area I'm concerned about is my tummy as its still quite big. What if any machines/weights are best to do for getting rid of excess belly fat? I generally just do treadmill and cross trainer and the rowing machine. Also how many calories should I be burning in the gym to ensure maximum weight loss? Currently burning about 300 per session but just want to know should I increase that? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

So I've been working out a good bit in the gym lately and it seems to be working as I've lost a lot of weight (combined with eating healthier). However the main area I'm concerned about is my tummy as its still quite big. What if any machines/weights are best to do for getting rid of excess belly fat? I generally just do treadmill and cross trainer and the rowing machine. Also how many calories should I be burning in the gym to ensure maximum weight loss? Currently burning about 300 per session but just want to know should I increase that? Thanks!

You can't target belly fat individually or any body part..fat loss occurs as a whole over the body and with that weight loss comes belly fat loss eventually. It's not about what you burn at the gym it's about eating less calories per day in order to be under maintenance and lose weight, doing cardio will only excel that but the key is in the diet.

Google weight loss and fat loss and do a night reading up on it, find out your calorie go and track what you eat on myfitnesspal app. Maybe post up an honest example of your current diet, weight, height and goals and I'll try help more.

Lifting weights will also help in fat loss as while your building muscle your body will target its energy from your fat instead of muscle if the muscle tissue it growing and repairing.

Advertisement