Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a some land

Options
  • 04-08-2015 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in acquiring some land as follows:

Lowland, non-boggy, approximately 5 HA of unimproved grassland. Hedgerows and small fields are a must, ideally with plenty of trees. A pond or stream / river would be a bonus. Basically, the potential for a lot of wildlife. Small cottage or farmhouse not in need of much repair should also be included.

Any idea where I would look for a place like this, in terms of localities and websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hollowpoint

FURET wrote: »

Lowland, non-boggy, approximately 5 HA of unimproved grassland. Hedgerows and small fields are a must, ideally with plenty of trees. A pond or stream / river would be a bonus. Basically, the potential for a lot of wildlife. Small cottage or farmhouse not in need of much repair should also be included.

Any idea where I would look for a place like this, in terms of localities and websites?

Try donedeal, always cottages advertised on it usually with land or try daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

myhome / daft I would think would be best. Whats your budget ?

& location approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

myhome / daft I would think would be best. Whats your budget ?

& location approx

I wouldn't want to spend more than 200K, as I could get similar properties on the continent for less than that.

Location-wise, I don't mind the county. But I would want to avoid upland and boggy or acidic soil.

I wouldn't want to spend more than 200K, as I could get similar properties on the continent for less than that.

Location-wise, I don't mind the county. But I would want to avoid upland and boggy or acidic soil.

You should get somthing for that try longford/roscommon might be alright prices there. Its funny when people say they can get a property in a different country for the same etc etc there was a thread the other day about a guy comparing Poland with Ireland. There are alot of things to consider language tax,way of life etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

IH784man wrote: »

Yes, that's the kind of thing I'm after - except I'd prefer if the cottage didn't need any substantial work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

If you bought it for 50k and spent a bit less doing it up you'd have a right house and land with 100k left in your pocket

IH784man wrote: »
    If you bought it for 50k and spent a bit less doing it up you'd have a right house and land with 100k left in your pocket

Thats a site nothing more. The cash it would take to 'renovate' wouldnt be worth it. You could find also à house like this has no foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

What wildlife would you be interested to have on farm?

OP did you find something yet ?

I seen this one if you want to have a look

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Curraghroe-Lanesborough-Co-Roscommon/238450/

• Advertisement
Advertisement