Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Qualifying League 15/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Can say with almost near certainty that League 3 won't happen. I think the top 17 or 18 people in the Qualifying League last year got or were offered places, which was more than I was happy with to be honest.

The whole thing loses something if it's not difficult to get in/stay in. I'm very happy with the idea that the bottom 3 in League 2 go down each year and have to qualify again to get back in, so gradually, year by year, the standard of the 80 is rising, which makes people want to join more, and treat it as one of their important leagues that they'll follow every week, rather than just another to fill the permitted quota of leagues.

It definitely has a lot of prestige I would take promotion from L2 over winning the pay league for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,841 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    It definitely has a lot of prestige I would take promotion from L2 over winning the pay league for sure!

Really? Wow, that is extremely good to hear. That's the aim anyway, to keep building on in and increase the sense of achievement of moving up the leagues. Adding another is probably counter-productive to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I can see the logic. Going to be a tough one to get out of the qualifying!

Thanks for organising.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    I can see the logic. Going to be a tough one to get out of the qualifying!

Thanks for organising.

Thanks mate. Best of luck with the season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ID: 181522
    Team name: Sterling Silva

• Advertisement

Really? Wow, that is extremely good to hear. That's the aim anyway, to keep building on in and increase the sense of achievement of moving up the leagues. Adding another is probably counter-productive to that.

For sure! Even if you win all your cash leagues its not like you come out with much money really and you can't use it to buy a place in the FSA Premier League! (If there is let me know!)

For sure! Even if you win all your cash leagues its not like you come out with much money really and you can't use it to buy a place in the FSA Premier League! (If there is let me know!)

If you win enough cash leagues you can have my place for that sort of fee ;)

If you win enough cash leagues you can have my place for that sort of fee ;)

How does €475 sound ;)

How does €475 sound ;)

Ah come on, to get to test yourself against forum heroes such as Lemlin, FHFC, zarquon, swiper the fox on a regular basis, we'd have to be talking at least 2 grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I won the premier league last season and i would gladly have swapped it for the FSA pay league prize. That being said, i'll gladly sell you the code for any cash prizes you obtain this year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ID: 1123939
    TEAM NAME: El Tel's Eleven+

zarquon wrote: »
    I won the premier league last season and i would gladly have swapped it for the FSA pay league prize. That being said, i'll gladly sell you the code for any cash prizes you obtain this year ;)

I know I'm supposed to say otherwise but yeah me too

I know I'm supposed to say otherwise but yeah me too

We're in it for the glory not the money, says the man in 12 pay leagues this year! :D

ElTel wrote: »
    ID: 1123939
    TEAM NAME: El Tel's Eleven+

Fair play, hopefully in 4 years time you'll be playing the big boys in the premier league.

Lol! I'd gladly swap the Premier League for the Cash leagues I'm in think even if I won them all you'd only be looking at around €2k-€3k. You can't put a price on winning the Premier League!

Ah come on, to get to test yourself against forum heroes such as Lemlin, FHFC, zarquon, swiper the fox on a regular basis, we'd have to be talking at least 2 grand ;)

Pff.

anigif_original-grid-image-29700-1408990653-10.gif?w=250&h=225

. You can't put a price on winning the Premier League!

Apparently it's €20 ;)

Apparently it's €20 ;)

Not this year, watch this space. Well, not this exact space but a space.

Nice so now we're negotiating like it buts its like totally a joke ha ha but maybe its serisous...

€743 a box Rocky box set and 10% off in my shop for life.

Not this year, watch this space. Well, not this exact space but a space.

I'm confused. Are we watching this space or just a space? Surely if we're going to look at a space we should all look at the same space otherwise we're just a bunch of weirdos staring into the distance.

• Advertisement

Apparently it's €20 ;)

Yeh but the pride you must have felt must have been priceless!

Yeh but the pride you must have felt must have been priceless!

Not rea.......ummm sure!

Not rea.......ummm sure!

What was your rank last year?

What was your rank last year?

6K, last year was my first H2H though and i find that they can distract from overall ranking. Instead of planning ahead i found myself just focusing on my H2H opponents in the latter half of the season on a game by game basis.

I can see some people using their chips this year for specific H2H games rather than focusing on the best time to use to increase overall ranking. One can win a H2H league with a lower rank than their oponents if they plan things properly with transfers hits, wildcards and now chips.

6K, last year was my first H2H though and i find that they can distract from overall ranking. Instead of planning ahead i found myself just focusing on my H2H opponents in the latter half of the season on a game by game basis.

I can see some people using their chips this year for specific H2H games rather than focusing on the best time to use to increase overall ranking. One can win a H2H league with a lower rank than their oponents if they plan things properly with transfers hits, wildcards and now chips.

This probably isn't the thread for the topic but sure f*ck it. I'd take raking up all my H2H leagues ahead of overall ranking.

6ks not bad still and as you say its about timing in the H2H leagues you can end up beating people with a lot better ranking. A few years back I got 3rd in one of the FFS Cups in the semis I got the 2nd highest score and in the final round I got the highest score any other fixture combination and I win I just got the one dam draw where I get 3rd lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

Hi all, team name-Depeche Mode Crew, ID:369253, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Id:2556143
    Team name: no soup for you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Team: I Gotze no idea
    I.D. 2434900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Team:Max Power
    Id:1908801