Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This A Core Workout

Options
  • 02-08-2015 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi

I'm a cyclist and train several times a week for that, putting in a reasonable few hours and racing. I'm very lean from it, very little body fat.

I've got into a habit of exercising at home over the past few years, I find if I do ten minutes 3 times a week it does a lot for me instead of going all gym for a few weeks and then stopping. I know my core strength has improved greatly over the last few years from doing a little and often at home.

Can any idea of these exercises are likely to be covering the core basics or now that I'm a bit stronger should I try to expand my routine a bit? I like simple exercises that I can feel working. I did Pilates before and was instructed in some of these by a physio so I feel I am doing things properly.

Pelvis rolls off the floor
    Crunches
    Crunch movement stretching out left and right
    Planks regular and on left and right
    Push ups.

Any thoughts or pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why exactly are you focusing on the core?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭secondattempt

Back injury and had a weak core so I wanted to take the effort off my back. I also found it has made me less likely to feel a strain in the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

right step back a little and can you pass all these tests first?

If not the more might not be the issue so much as your hips are super tight and pulling lower back into a poor position. Core work is helpful for sure but not so much if its not addressing the fundamental problem

Advertisement