Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW1 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Costa (SWA)
    Rooney virtually level with Hazard on the FF Scout poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Costa (SWA)
    Paully D wrote: »

It's way too early to play safe, but nice to see I own the top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ramsey (WHU)
    Walcott, death or glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kane (mun)

He has a cracking record v Spurs while Hazard has a very poor record v Swansea..

Not in the least bit surprised it's level

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud (WHU)
    dahat wrote: »
    He has a cracking record v Spurs while Hazard has a very poor record v Swansea..

Not in the least bit surprised it's level

Getting itchy finger to take out Costa (who i currently have it on) for Rooney - before Aguero comes in straight after. Ugggggh. Have a feeling Spurs are there for the taking this weekend. Their first XI has looked far from settled pre-season, and they had that latest friendly fiasco where they only flew home Thursday afternoon ahead of this early Saturday kick-off. Taking out Costa will leave me with no Chelsea coverage though. Have Depay already from United

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Hazard (SWA)
    Rooney or Lukaku

Can't decide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ramsey (WHU)
    Taking a punt on Walcott

Was tempted by Rooney or Lukaku but Arsenal usually start season well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Costa (SWA)
    Aguero....

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

You guys seem very sure about Hazard. Y'all might as well play your Triple Captain chip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Costa (SWA)
    jma wrote: »
    You guys seem very sure about Hazard. Y'all might as well play your Triple Captain chip :D

Everyone cottoned on will be saving that for a DGW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Costa (SWA)
    jma wrote: »

He's a 6 point captain not a 12 point captain got to save that one for the big weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Costa (SWA)
    Everyone cottoned on will be saving that for a DGW

Saving mine for a PVA DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Kane (mun)
    I'm just sticking with the FFS poll which Rooney now leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jameswhale

hazzard seems like a bit of a sheep choice. I dont think swansea will give up much, chelsea probably score one goal. Swansea could get something from this game.

walcott bit risky about the start and even if he does could be pulled after 70 mins for giroud. though west ham are a bit of a mess so could be hit for 3/4 goals in this match i think good shout for an assist or goal even if from the bench.

rooney is a solid enough pick for captain considering there is doubts about other strikers like lua and benny but he is a bit flakey i reckon its more likely he draws a blank.

The person i am going to captain is Defoe. I expect Leicesters defence to be ****e under raneiri so defoe will get a few poachers chances. I expect a brace and the 3 bonus minimum from the little assassin thats a tidy haul of 26 points while ye all crying about hazzard 4 point game. :-0

Costa (SWA)
    jameswhale wrote:
    The person i am going to captain is Defoe. I expect Leicesters defence to be ****e under raneiri so defoe will get a few poachers chances. I expect a brace and the 3 bonus minimum from the little assassin thats a tidy haul of 26 points while ye all crying about hazzard 4 point game. :-0

Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane.

I think it will take a couple of weeks for united to get into their stride.

GW1 is a bit like GW38 in that it throws up bizarre scores. Not saying Spurs will win at OT but I could see a 2-2 draw or something like that.

.... are these rumours about United starting with their 4th choice keeper true?

Was about to ditch Kane as spurs were muck mid week and their preparations have been a mess with the travelling etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ramsey (WHU)
    Going to leave it on theo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ramsey (WHU)
    Going to leave it on theo
    I think I just caved :(

Ramsey (WHU)
    CSF wrote: »
    I think I just caved :(

If I had joined u in captaining him last game of the season last yr I'd have slayed the mighty Edgbaston.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ramsey (WHU)
    If I had joined u in captaining him last game of the season last yr I'd have slayed the mighty Edgbaston.

Did you strongly consider it?

• Advertisement

Changed mind from Haz to Theo.

God speed men!

Ramsey (WHU)
    CSF wrote: »
    Did you strongly consider it?

I thought he was the best option but as I was defending my position in a few paid leagues and 30 odd points behind in harps and bohs. I thought it wasn't the move to make. If I was just in the harps bohs league for money I'd have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kane (mun)
    Rooney. The safe, sensible choice for me. What FF is all about :P

Costa (SWA)
    stephenl15 wrote:
    Rooney. The safe, sensible choice for me. What FF is all about :p
    Hmm..I thought Hazard was the safer pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kane (mun)
    spock. wrote: »
    Hmm..I thought Hazard was the safer pick.

Maybe. Matter of opinion I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Costa (SWA)
    I've flip flopped on my captain choice took it off Hazard & its now on Agueeeerrroooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane (mun)
    Rooney for me. Nothing like seeing your hopes crushed by 2.30pm on opening day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

I have it on ivanovic likes a good start to the league and think will keep clean sheet 12pts minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Don't have Rooney or Costa so it's beneteke for me. Shawcross is out injured huth has left so I'm thinking bentekers should profit there, plus Rodgers needs a positive start to the season or its trouble.

Yes it's a risk but Swansea are a tight unit, I have hazard but who knows how Chelsea will play, they've had a poor pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Costa (SWA)
    triple captain on Aguero would be very tempting

Advertisement