Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein/carb shake

Options
  • 02-08-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good protein shake that has carbs for recovery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good protein shake that has carbs for recovery?

What I do is make my own "mass gainer" shake. Get yourself a blender, chuck in a banana or two, a scoop of protein or two and some plain old oats. Add plain milk, almond milk for less calories or just water and blend it up. I like to add spinach or kale too as eating veg can be a chore at times. Easy and cheap way to bang out 1000 calories or so.

However if you're a lazy sod, or if you just want pure efficiency and money isn't a big deal, there are products out there like Mutant Mass which is 1000 cals per serving with over 100g of carbs and about 50g of protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I like a scoop of protein powder, some berries (frozen or otherwise), handful of spinach, plain old oats, and almond milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thevillaman

SW supreme whey protein. It's really good for after the gym. I take it straight away after my workout

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

SW supreme whey protein. It's really good for after the gym. I take it straight away after my workout

I've bought a bag of dextrose. So I take a protein, dextrose, creatine shake straight after the gym

Have to try some of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Have to try some of that

It's ok. A bit sweet

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I've bought a bag of dextrose. So I take a protein, dextrose, creatine shake straight after the gym

Yeah I did that for a while but I can't get it out of my head that I'm literally downing pure glucose. I'd rather eat some ice cream if I want sugar.

Advertisement