Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drunk man at front door, putting hand in letterbox at 4:30am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 AlphaBoard

yeah syco I thought about that and its digusting, i know
    Not sure id definitely go to jail if someone was trying break in though
    i would only ever do something violent like that if i was in danger and scared
    anyway its not likely the injury would end up that bad
    im not a violent person but im not gonna be a total victim either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 AlphaBoard

Jesus, that must of been hard to deal with
    the gards seem to take this kind of thing seriously anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Get a grip of yourself man. Some poor paralytic fella got confused at your front door and now you've worked yourself into such a state that you're ready to remove body parts. Best advice I can give you is to take a chill pill, move into a castle with a moat & drawbridge, or go join Isis.

I live on Manor Street and get this sort of stuff every night of the week and I wouldn't waste the Guards time by calling them. Someone put his hand in through your letter box? Unless he tried to bang your door down its really not that big of a deal. I have had drunk people kick/knock/ring/stick hands in through letter box etc. Only time I actually minded was when 2/3 lads tried to kick my door down but it was because they thought someone else lived in my house but he actually lived a few doors down. Oh also when the Roma people were on the street they caused a big of danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Man this thread has turned into a drunk guy poking his finglethings into the letter-box saying I'll see ye tomorrow, and also a penis according to some other commenter's ? very shortly I'd assume that some drunken woman to pass by this abode and export her breasts into this letterbox, the magic letterbox of death. A twilight zone of nonsencicals forwarding themselves into said letter-box.

If it was only money entering this paranormal letter-box it would be great.

Just be careful on tuesday, if the post-man sticks his finglethings into the letter-box, don't cut them off. If he sticks his dick in, then you're free to decide the punishment.

• Advertisement

Man this thread has turned into a drunk guy poking his finglethings into the letter-box saying I'll see ye tomorrow, and also a penis according to some other commenter's ? very shortly I'd assume that some drunken woman to pass by this abode and export her breasts into this letterbox, the magic letterbox of death. A twilight zone of nonsencicals forwarding themselves into said letter-box.

If it was only money entering this paranormal letter-box it would be great.

Just be careful on tuesday, if the post-man sticks his finglethings into the letter-box, don't cut them off. If he sticks his dick in, then you're free to decide the punishment.

I think the post about cutting off fingers if he does it again sounds like keyboard warrior kind of stuff, can you imagine cutting someones fingers off because someone stuck his finger through your letterbox? That kind of sounds like the op might be looking for attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I think the post about cutting off fingers if he does it again sounds like keyboard warrior kind of stuff, can you imagine cutting someones fingers off because someone stuck his finger through your letterbox? That kind of sounds like the op might be looking for attention.

Or it might be a simple thing as in regards to common sense thinking, (pondering on the occurrence that happened as to all different scenarios). Some folk have it, some folk don't. It's a strange world, very strange, and these folk might think the opposite and as the thread moves along in the mixture of comment replies, the story deepens into a crazy sort of mash-potato and carrot with a bit of beetroot fixed on the side dripping red liquid all along the mashed-potatoes adding a crystal mirror effect of deliciousness.

Were was I ?

Or it might be a simple thing as in regards to common sense thinking, (pondering on the occurrence that happened as to all different scenarios). Some folk have it, some folk don't. It's a strange world, very strange, and these folk might think the opposite and as the thread moves along in the mixture of comment replies, the story deepens into a crazy sort of mash-potato and carrot with a bit of beetroot fixed on the side dripping red liquid all along the mashed-potatoes adding a crystal mirror effect of deliciousness. Were was I ?

Was someone having a few with the spraoi tonight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

very shortly I'd assume that some drunken woman to pass by this abode and export her breasts into this letterbox

Can it by my letterbox :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Sorry to hear about your incident Op :(
    Guard "Do you think, it is them in that car."
    Feck sake. Like the time, I reported my motorcycle stolen and a guard called me a few month later to ask me. "I was just calling to see if you you found your motorcycle"
    Salt, wounds, thought he had news for me, did he think, I had the country out looking for it. Funnily enough I still haven't found it some 8 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

it seems the OP didn't like some of the replies and has closed his/her account, if we see the headline "man loses fingers" in the papers tomorrow we know who done it

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

All the same its amazing how many people lock their back door and never the front ....Yes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

it seems the OP didn't like some of the replies and has closed his/her account, if we see the headline "man loses fingers" in the papers tomorrow we know who done it

Was it possibly a wind-up?

Very Bored wrote: »
    Was it possibly a wind-up?
    sounds to me like the person needs to up their meds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sorry to hear about your incident Op :(
    Guard "Do you think, it is them in that car."
    Feck sake. Like the time, I reported my motorcycle stolen and a guard called me a few month later to ask me. "I was just calling to see if you you found your motorcycle"
    Salt, wounds, thought he had news for me, did he think, I had the country out looking for it. Funnily enough I still haven't found it some 8 years later.

That's an incredibly harsh, defeatist, anti-police view of the world.

The car with no lights probably didn't put in an appearance until well after the incident and it's naturally worth a question to ascertain cause to stop the car and check it out.

In your case, they weren't able to find your property, but were thoughtful enough to follow up on it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

sdanseo wrote: »
    That's an incredibly harsh, defeatist, anti-police view of the world.

The car with no lights probably didn't put in an appearance until well after the incident and it's naturally worth a question to ascertain cause to stop the car and check it out.

In your case, they weren't able to find your property, but were thoughtful enough to follow up on it later.

A car being driven with no lights should set off sirens in the gardas head, especially at that time in the morning, there is no excuse for not checking it out. Its utter laziness that the garda didn't follow the car, who knows what condition the driver was in or what could have happened later on.

A car being driven with no lights should set off sirens in the gardas head, especially at that time in the morning, there is no excuse for not checking it out. Its utter laziness that the garda didn't follow the car, who knows what condition the driver was in or what could have happened later on.

I call bs on the guards not stopping a car with no lights on. I would be 99% sure that guards would stop a car with no lights on at night, I have seen them do it on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Probably nothing that a garden hand shears wouldn't cure..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Sorry that was me. I was playing a game of knock-a-dolly but had too much drink taking and couldn't find the door knocker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I woke up yesterday morning and my viuce was gone, do ya think it was the same bollix? my mouth s nearly as big as a letterbox........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

A brother of a friend of mine had moved house to another area 2 years previously anyway he met a couple of mates of his in his old local, got paralytic, fell down the road to his old house, banging the door, calling his wife all the names for not opening up.

Heel of the hunt, guards were called and when he sobered up a bit in the guards barracks he was able to tell them he lived there previously and thought he was just going home. The guards had a laugh about it and dropped him back to his current home. He called to the new owners next evening to apologise profusely for frightening the sh*te out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Friend of mine fell asleep in the sitting room one night and woke up hearing noises at the door. Looked into the hall and saw a long pole being extended through the letter box towards the place the keys were hanging. He quickly stepped into the hall, grabbed the pole, and shoved it smartly back where it was coming from.

There was a thud, a shout of pain and the noise of running footsteps. Never found out who it was but someone suffered a nasty eye or face injury that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I actually know the Garda who went to this incident. I asked him to clarify the car situation:

"I had just knocked on the door, the man came out, said quickly what happened and this car flew past. It had lights on the front on, but none on the back. We weren't in a position to follow it, because by the time we would have got back into the car, and went after it, it would have been well gone. Instead, my colleague radio'd back with the reg and direction. I've no idea if someone caught up with it, because the night just went nuts after that call."

I actually know the Garda who went to this incident. I asked him to clarify the car situation:

"I had just knocked on the door, the man came out, said quickly what happened and this car flew past. It had lights on the front on, but none on the back. We weren't in a position to follow it, because by the time we would have got back into the car, and went after it, it would have been well gone. Instead, my colleague radio'd back with the reg and direction. I've no idea if someone caught up with it, because the night just went nuts after that call."

Ah c'mon now, we can't have minor details like facts and common sense getting in the way of a good excuse for a whinge...!

hold on.... you say a man came out!! must be some man in fairness to be sat in his house crapping himself over fingers through a letter box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

hold on.... you say a man came out!! must be some man in fairness to be sat in his house crapping himself over fingers through a letter box

Being afraid doesn't make you any less of a man.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Why the hell would you go doing something stupid like cutting someone's fingers off and getting blood all over your carpet/hall floor/door which you then have to clean off.:confused::confused::confused:

Just whack the hand with a hammer, rolling pin, frying pan or whatever to make sure that person feels a huge amount of pain and they will scarper soon enough with a couple of badly bruised or broken fingers.

It sounds like either someone else lived there that the guy knew in the past and he was so plastered he thought they still lived there or else he mixed the house up with another one on the street. Leave the light on outside next time and anyone who doesnt want to be seen will be slow to approach the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Did he come back?

Gadgie wrote: »
    Being afraid doesn't make you any less of a man.
    no balls!!! so yeah it does make ya less of a man

• Advertisement

no balls!!! so yeah it does make ya less of a man

Spoken like a 15 year old... :rolleyes:

Advertisement