Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fantasy Pick 'Em - Boards League Created

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Don't forget to get your picks in for Holloway v Oliveira lads! It's a Sunday night card so in order to predict the full card, predictions can be made up until 11pm on Sunday night I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Paully D wrote: »
    Don't forget to get your picks in for Holloway v Oliveira lads! It's a Sunday night card so in order to predict the full card, predictions can be made up until 11pm on Sunday night I believe.

I'm pretty sure you can alter your picks right upto the time of the fight. I've often had a change of heart while watching the event. So in that case if you've forgotten to do your picks and you've missed the first few fights at least you can pick for the remaining fights .

Hoki wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can alter your picks right upto the time of the fight. I've often had a change of heart while watching the event. So in that case if you've forgotten to do your picks and you've missed the first few fights at least you can pick for the remaining fights .

Ah, that's correct. Apologies. You can alter them for a specific fight right up until said fight starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Disaster of a night, only 3 correct picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

9/12 with 5 bonus picks, method really done me in in most fights! I'm afraid to actually bet on any of my selections because then they won't come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Had my first go at this...5/12 :pac: :o

I'm terrible at betting on UFC so no surprise.

Just joined the league there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ASOT wrote: »
    9/12 with 5 bonus picks, method really done me in in most fights! I'm afraid to actually bet on any of my selections because then they won't come in.

Yeah I was same you beat me by 25 points to win you bastard :-)

This league is great tho there were 3 of us level on points going into last fight, really added to excitement for me

Changed my Létourneau pick due to the state she was in at the weigh-ins. I should have left it alone as it would have been a perfect!

7/12 picks, 4 bonuses and 2 perfects (Cirkunov and Magny). Happy with that despite the above.

I wonder if Cereal is around to do an updated table? :D

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yeah I was same you beat me by 25 points to win you bastard :-)

It's close at the top ;) could have got a few more points feel Beal was robbed! Missed not having boards working last night it was weird haha

• Advertisement

Stinker of an event , 4/12 - my worst ever performance, onto the next one!

Standings after our third event - UFC Fight Night 74: Holloway v Oliveria.

Rank|User|Points
    1|ASOT|7865
    2| jcd5971|7070
    3| Paully D|6990
    4| Euskal|6960
    5|John_D80|6570
    6|cormac22|6385
    7|Podge2k7|6360
    8|That_Guy|6350
    9|elkatsumoto|6340
    10|davei141|6300
    11|Wrongway1985|6105
    12|JuniorHurler|6025
    13|Scudzilla|5950
    14|jimmiijimjim|5315
    15|Zero-Cool|5310
    16|H0key|5060
    17|Axwell|4930
    18|xtal191|4890
    19|mailburner|4710
    20|fighter1888|4120
    21|stiffer123|3640
    22|Deppers|2980
    23|Liamn1400|2435
    24|Whelo79|2230
    25|MonorCcgregor|2120
    26|NicolasCage|1920
    27|steveireland85|1635
    28|Arfur19|1565
    29|Standman|1040
    30|BigBoss47|725
    31|PeeMacD|0

Most winners (this event): ASOT, jcd5971 & Axwell - 9/12
    Most perfects (this event): John_D80 - 3

Next event: UFC 191 - Johnson vs Dodson 2 - September 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone above me is using PEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Having great craic with this. Something to make the fights even more interesting since I stopped betting on them.

Didnt see it mentioned anywhere alread, When is the cut-off/end date for this guys?

I think 10:30/11 depending when the fights start.

ASOT wrote: »
    I think 10:30/11 depending when the fights start.

I meant when is the end date for the league as a whole? Will it go on indefinitely or up until a certain event or maybe, start over in the new year?

John_D80 wrote: »
    I meant when is the end date for the league as a whole? Will it go on indefinitely or up until a certain event or maybe, start over in the new year?

It's reset at the end of the year so for the first card of 2016 everyone goes back to zero.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Didnt see it mentioned anywhere alread, When is the cut-off/end date for this guys?

Since we started on August 1st 2015 I was hoping we could go until the nearest event to that exactly one year later in 2016 before resetting/starting afresh.

Hoki above says it resets automatically for the first fight card of 2016 though. Probably no harm either as it may keep interest up. So I guess the last event is dos Anjos v Cerrone 2 on December 19th, with coincidentally our first event of the next run being Ronda again. :)

Cool, thanks, end of the year is the best way to do it. I'd bet there will be even more people joining the next one. Great craic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Paully D wrote: »
    Standings after our third event - UFC Fight Night 74: Holloway v Oliveria.

Most winners (this event): ASOT, jcd5971 & Axwell - 9/12
    Most perfects (this event): John_D80 - 3

Next event: UFC 191 - Johnson vs Dodson 2 - September 5th

Cheers for that Paully. I've been away the past few days so didn't get a chance to do it.

Probably won't get a chance to update the list for the next event either so I'll leave that to you, again :)

• Advertisement

I think it's a great addition to my ufc events, after the Holloway fight I was refreshing my browser like a mental case for the final score updates, when I seen ASOT had nipped me at the post and won I was genuinely disappointed.

Sad I know...

We're back in action tomorrow night :D Don't forget to get your picks in for UFC 191 all.

Ive picked a load of underdogs for tomorrow night. It'll be the making or breaking of me in this league!!

Following the same line as John after a terrible last event :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hell of a lot of potential knock outs on this card tonight, should be a good night of fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

4/4 with two perfects so far, not a bad start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

3/4 so far could have been 4/4 if that Collard lad hadn't acted the gobsh!te

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Depp wrote: »
    4/4 with two perfects so far, not a bad start!

Looks like you jinxed yourself :P

Good recovery after my last failed outing. Took a gamble on chambers for the big points. Would have been almost perfect had I not been greedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Axwell wrote: »
    Looks like you jinxed yourself :P

i spoke too soon!

Advertisement