Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

So is it gone for good, on the market to be re opened as a pub, what?

Between the Greyhound, the Shanty, Buda Bar, Dolly Heffernan's, the pub that used to be in Tyrellstown, Heaven nightclub, for a continuously growing area Blanch has lost quite a few drinking establishments while the area continued to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

The thing with nearly every one of those is that they all either were originally, or ended up being, kips by the time they closed. Which isn't a great reflection on the area unfortunately.

Budda bar had someone stabbed to death outside it. Plus it was literally sinking (?) from the time it opened.

Shanty was a very dodgy pub.

Greyhound went downhill quite quickly after it change ownership unfortunately.

Dolly's was a nice pub. A shame it closed, but maybe the location had something to do with that? A bit out of the way for a lot of people I'd imagine, especially in comparison to some of the aforementioned pubs being rivals for clientele.

The greyhound is slap bang in the middle of Blanchards town village. It's a shame that someone couldn't take over and make a nice pub of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Is it replacing Insomnia? PITA if it is, I always use the drive through and went into it the other week to find it closed and shop fitters in the place assuming they were doing something with it, thought it was a bit soon to have to renovate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I heard a few weeks ago there is some issue with the roof of the Greyhound and that needs to be fixed before it re-opens, haven't seen any work being done so not sure how true that is

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Insomnia also have a drive thru at junction 6 if you're looking for an alternative

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I walked past what is supposed to be Bunsen and there is some drilling going on inside this morning, could be workiing on the interior for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, I use that regularly enough too, but given it's location it's not as handy to take a spin to from the office compared to Ballycoolin, especially with the traffic you have to navigate there and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tried Smash-It burger at Hartstown Eurospar today. It runs from a food van in the car park.

Probably the best burger I've had in a long time, better than Bunsen, Bojum or Five Guys.

Well worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Went passed yesterday , was busy . Nice to see , definitely will try soon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Last time I walked poast here a few days ago there was a lot of noise coming from inside so hopefully the new Bunsen is well on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Shoeaholics (apparently a discount retailer of Kurt Geiger and possibly other branded shoes - quite a few stores in UK seemingly) is advertising for staff for a new store in Blanchardstown. Not sure if this is in the SC itself or one of the retail parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Delighted to hear Bunsen is making moves. Been waiting ages for it! 😋

Hopefully there won't be Krispy Kreme style queues for it when it opens 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well I’ve been waiting all summer for it, I can wait a bit longer cause I ain’t queuing! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Where is Bunsen opening?

Next to Krispy Kreme in what used to be Esquires coffee shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Anybody know whats happening with the Nespresso stand in Blanchardstown Centre - any time I am up there recently it seems to be covered over with nobody on counter (although the glass is still showing).

Is it closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Not as I'm aware of. I know I dropped of coffee pods the other day, was a good few people buying.

Not sure if this is classed as a 'new business' but it's definitely something fun and different coming up nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Happy to be corrected but I think Brown's Steakhouse and Cafe Amber are both gone in Blanch Village?

And probably old news but Dublin Roast Cafe is now opened until 10.30 at night.

• Advertisement

Oh I hope not, my parents loved going to Browns! I thought they just hadn't reopened due to lack of outdoor space (based on nothing but my own musings)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have heard the lease on Browne's steakhouse is up. It is closing as a result, too high costs in the new environment.

On the other hand, the Greyhound is supposed to be reopening during the next few weeks.

I just spotted this on Facebook, a new cafe has opened in Draíocht

Also spotted this over the weekend at the unit beside Dunnes Stores grocery entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

I passed Amber yesterday evening and there were staff inside and stock on the display. The place had been cleaned and looked well. It seems to be either reopened or getting ready to which would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Camera Centre in Blanch SC closing this/next week too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Brownes Steakhouse closing is a real blow to both Blanch village and the Dublin 15 area. It was one of the best eateries in D15.

Was there several times over the years and usually left very satisfied.

A real loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

While I am saddened by this business closing, the last few times I was there it was apparent they were struggling. They changed to lower quality food. The last time I went I had to send food back THREE times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

I wasn't mad on Browne's myself tbh.

• Advertisement

New shop called Yours doing plus sizes is to open in the old Oasis unit upstairs.

https://www.yoursclothing.ie/

Advertisement