Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kettle bell swing weight progession

Options
  • 29-07-2015 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Just wondering what would be considered a decent weight to aim for when progressing with kettle bell swings. Is there any such thing as a 'standard' in the same way as for squats etc? I'm female and around 60kg.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CeannRua wrote: »
    Just wondering what would be considered a decent weight to aim for when progressing with kettle bell swings. Is there any such thing as a 'standard' in the same way as for squats etc? I'm female and around 60kg.

Hard style Russian swings - we'd girls around that weight swinging 24kg KBs with excellent tekkers this morning for sets of 12.

I think a 32kg or 50% of bodyweight for 10-12 reps with great technique would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hanley wrote: »
    Hard style Russian swings - we'd girls around that weight swinging 24kg KBs with excellent tekkers this morning for sets of 12.

I think a 32kg or 50% of bodyweight for 10-12 reps with great technique would be excellent.

:eek:

There's me swinging 14kg and delighted with myself! :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I weigh around 65kg and swing between 8-16kg depending on the exercise. Start with a weight you are comfortable with (eg 6 or 8kg) then build up. I found pyramid sets were good at giving me confidence to try a higher weight. Work at your own level, no point pushing too hard then getting injured.

Advertisement