Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the king of the promo? You decide! vote here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

I don't want to see Kurt Angle being eliminated so early, but it has to be done because only one man is better than Jake "The Snake" Roberts and that man isn't Kurt Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jake's promos were bone chilling and give me goosebumps. It's gotta go to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am going to pick Kurt as his are more fresh in my memory and always found him enjoyable and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angle's great and all but Jake is on another level. The snake man for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Has to be angle for me. The sexy kurt promo is the funniest promo ever imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jake gets the vote. He's an all time great where as Angle was a great of his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Angle for me, though I think it's too late. He was involved in some of the funniest promos ever back in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,464 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jake gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jake for me.

Love Kurt, and he was an awesome promo, whether funny or intense.

But Jake - Jesus, he had some way about his delivery. How he was so softly spoken, he made sure that you were listening to every word he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jake takes it down, another victim for Damien.

Road Warriors:

Greatest tag team of all time some would say, and a lot of it was down to their intense promos.

vs

CM Punk:

One of the favourites, the Voice of the Voiceless is an all time great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cm punk for the win brother ! He's top class on the mic

Loved the LOD's coked up promos, such a staple of the late 80's and early 90's. Punk was great too but relied more on inside terms and breaking the 4th wall. I'll go Road Warriors.

I pick Punk for that epic pipebomb on Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Punk all the way.

Warriors were... eh, shouty? I suppose. "Tell 'Em Hawk!"

Punk was absolutely amazing on the mic, must see tv every time he spoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Punk by miles for me ,LOD were better at kicking ass than talking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Punk is a no brainer, innovative and creative on the mic. Who else can cut a promo during the royal rumble match?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Straight Edge Punk for me, he was great on the mic then, not such a fan of the pipebomb stuff in retrospect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

When punk talks you listen - he has such a way on the mic that when he has it nothing else matters - he controlls a room like very few have done in the last number of years! LOD were great and intense but Punk always had another gear to go to to get across exactly what he wanted!

CM Punk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm going Punk too, the pipe bomb promo is what stirred my interest in PW after being away from it for a few years.

Facile win for Punk. Moving on.

Round One, Match Thirteen:

John Cena:

vs

Chris Jericho:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They're both very good, but I'll give the nod to Jericho because Cena always seems indifferent in his promos when he loses.

Tough round. Cena can pull it out when he wants. Jericho is a great talker too. Both can do funny, both can do serious. Really is a toss up here for me...

*flips coin*

Jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Really tough, because when Cena is on top form, he is untouchable. Unfortunetly when is off...Jesus it can be bad. Jericho is consistent, so he takes it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Yeah I would say Jericho is consistently better too.

Y2J for me always entertaining even when trolling :p Cena needs to spot pandering to the kids too much with his stupid joke references even though Y2J also had some stinkers in the past too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Much like others I think Cena can be great while Jericho generally was great and consistency gives The Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla the win here for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Like others i'll go with Jericho for Consistency.

A whitewash for Jericho. Wow. Probably another one coming up too.

Round One, Match Fifteen:

Jay Briscoe:

One of the best promo workers today, and probably one of the least recognised for that. He has a massive task here to even get a single vote unfortunately.

vs

The Rock:

Some would say he's the best of all time. I'm not one of them but be that as it may the man had a charisma unmatched by anyone. What the man did best imo was he could mock someone, yet at the same time put them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,464 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The rock easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Rock without a doubt.

Advertisement