Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Draft Games/Websites

Options
  • 28-07-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

I'm finding that FPL is getting a bit stale with predictable teams league/game wide and I kind of see the new extra features as being a bit gimmicky (all out attack, Triple Captain, Bench points) and inconsistent , as different players can pick different options, like one team could have 16 players and another 11, in a head to head league match up for example doesn't really appeal to me, but something had to be changed I suppose to try freshen it up

I'm on the look out for American football style fantasy leagues-only one team can have a certain player rules.

Have seen a few of these while searching the web.

Does anyone here use any? Any recommendations? Any sites to avoid?

Ideally looking for:
    -in built online draft facility, snake draft
    -waiver wire
    -similar squad line ups to FPL 2-5-5-3

Any advice/opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Feel free to join this one have an FSA league set up

https://www.dugoutfc.com/app?path=/league/5939837362241536/i

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

jimmii wrote: »
    Feel free to join this one have an FSA league set up

https://www.dugoutfc.com/app?path=/league/5939837362241536/i

I'd be interested in this too, but would only be around for 45 minutes of the draft. Is there auto rank feature to use?

L.S.F wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this too, but would only be around for 45 minutes of the draft. Is there auto rank feature to use?

Yeh you just set up a shortlist and it takes from that in order. I doubt I will be available for the draft either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I ran a FSA draft in here last year, but wont be doing it this year. If anyone is insterested in setting one up I am happy to share my excel file that I used to auto pull the scores etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Menas wrote: »
    I ran a FSA draft in here last year, but wont be doing it this year. If anyone is insterested in setting one up I am happy to share my excel file that I used to auto pull the scores etc etc...

You used to be Trigger Happy right? With all the work with the FSA leagues I won't be able to take this on but I hope someone does because I loved it last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

CSF wrote: »
    You used to be Trigger Happy right? With all the work with the FSA leagues I won't be able to take this on but I hope someone does because I loved it last year.

Thats right - changed my name!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Cool hopefully make the draft

Cool hopefully make the draft

Just make a shortlist and it drafts from that automatically.

• Advertisement

Can we invite non-boards members to try and fill up 2nd division ?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I just signed up for the Championship.

How exactly does the shortlist work...in which order do they select from your shortlist?

Can we invite non-boards members to try and fill up 2nd division ?

Yeh sure fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Joined, in Div 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just make a shortlist and it drafts from that automatically.

So turns out if you don't create a shortlist it doesn't just draft you automatically like other fantasy sports. Screw that it just skips your turn each time. That's not fair.

Edit: i'm fine for the commish to remove me from the league

8-10 wrote: »
    So turns out if you don't create a shortlist it doesn't just draft you automatically like other fantasy sports. Screw that it just skips your turn each time. That's not fair.

Ah ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah ffs.

Few teams with no players, and one team only has Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Only new to this draft game but - is part of the "fun" of this not setting up your shortlist? And if you can't make the draft, you just press the Auto-select from shortlist and it'll pick highest in your list.

I ended up with 9 some how.

Panti
    Skrtel - Baines - Terry - Cahill
    Silva - Henderson
    Kane - Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm up to my ears in fantasy games so won't be giving this a go but good luck jimmii

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm up to my ears in fantasy games so won't be giving this a go but good luck jimmii

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last time I logged in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last time I logged in!

Pre-gw1 stress :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Anyone figured out how to set a team for GW1? On the FAQ it says go to my squad and then drag and drop the players on to the pitch but there are no players showing to drag and drop!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Only new to this draft game but - is part of the "fun" of this not setting up your shortlist? And if you can't make the draft, you just press the Auto-select from shortlist and it'll pick highest in your list.

Yeah but with other fantasy games I play there is always a default ranking that it auto-picks from.

This is the first time i have ever played one where there is no default pick and it actually just skips completely. Makes no sense.

Still like the concept and they are on the right track with the website so maybe I'll play next year. Not logging in again this year though. Spoke to their tech support and they can't remove me from the league or delete my account. I said I didn't want to inconvenience anybody in the league and I genuinely don't

What I think the commissioner can do is move players between leagues? IF so I would suggest creating a dead league and moving me in there. No fun having a matchup against a dead team so hopefully there's a way of sorting it that won't affect the others playing

F1ngers wrote: »
    Few teams with no players, and one team only has Hazard.

All you need really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone figured out how to set a team for GW1? On the FAQ it says go to my squad and then drag and drop the players on to the pitch but there are no players showing to drag and drop!

Did you fill out your team with free agents if you only drafted 9? My Squad is showing up fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yeah but with other fantasy games I play there is always a default ranking that it auto-picks from.

This is the first time i have ever played one where there is no default pick and it actually just skips completely. Makes no sense.

Still like the concept and they are on the right track with the website so maybe I'll play next year. Not logging in again this year though. Spoke to their tech support and they can't remove me from the league or delete my account. I said I didn't want to inconvenience anybody in the league and I genuinely don't

What I think the commissioner can do is move players between leagues? IF so I would suggest creating a dead league and moving me in there. No fun having a matchup against a dead team so hopefully there's a way of sorting it that won't affect the others playing

The skipping thing happened to one person in my league that either didn't make a shortlist or didn't check the auto draft box in upper right. He's filled his squad with free agents and we currently have a proposal that he gets first choice on any new PL signings by the end of the window

Did you fill out your team with free agents if you only drafted 9? My Squad is showing up fine

Its weird when I logged in it showed those 9 then I went and got a few freebies and now the only players who show up on the squad page are Ibe & Jerome who were listed as subs and the rest have gone!

When I click on draft results I have a squad of 18 listed.

I ended up with 9 some how.

Panti
    Skrtel - Baines - Terry - Cahill
    Silva - Henderson
    Kane - Lukaku

The Championship draft stopped working half way through, support got it working again but all players were removed off my shortlist so anyone not there for draft will have missed out.

• Advertisement

The Championship draft stopped working half way through, support got it working again but all players were removed off my shortlist so anyone not there for draft will have missed out.

I seem to have drafted some but then they all disappeared! I guess have to cut them some slack given its a start up they seem to be very quick to fix things though which is good to see.

Advertisement