Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Random Thoughts From A Week of Learning

Options
  • 27-07-2015 9:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of things I've observed over the last 5 or 6 days...

1) Ed Coan is one of the coolest mother****ers alive. Even if he does tell **** jokes. One of the things I've noticed about the TRULY strong non-internet superstars (aka ACTUAL superstars) is that they rarely have any sort of ego, love the sport and just wanna help

2) I was listening to Andre Benoit speak over the weekend at the Irish Strength Institute symposium and he reiterated "don't be afraid of educating your clients because that won't cause you to lose them" and I had to stop and wonder;

"do people ACTUALLY get scared of that?" ...and it's sad because I know they do. I still think our primary job at Revolution Fitness is one of education.

All the knowledge anyone could ever want is available for free on the internet, but until we're able to create an environment where our clients fully understand and internalise the importance of eating good food, lifting with great tekkers and being consistent, we'll never be able to effect long term change.

It's a shame some coaches try to hold back that info. I'm reasonably sure our guys and girls are eff'n sick of us constantly explaining why we do everything we do and why it's important for them.

3) Getting a dog is one of the best decisions we've ever made. There's nothing that will instantly lift your mood after a long day, or when your under stress, than the sheer unadulterated joy of a dog coming charging at you for love and cuddles.

I can't believe the positive effect it's already had.

4) Another Andre Benoit gem - Sometimes going to education courses just reinforces things you already know and for every one you go to, the less you learn that's "new" but you'll still pick things up little things here and there.

I didn't "learn" a lot of new stuff during some of the presentations last weekend (except for Eric Serrano's insane content, and Eoin's great presentation on hormones and phenotyping) but I did get the confirmation that a lot of the stuff we already do at RevFit is on the right track, and probably ahead of a lot of other places.

Which was nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Did you get a rescue dog? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Did you get a rescue dog? :)

Of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hanley wrote: »
    Of course.

Pics of GTFO.

I've always wanted to say that. :).

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭COH

Brian? wrote: »
    Pics of GTFO.

I've always wanted to say that. :).

You'd think after all that time waiting you'd have said it right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Hanley wrote: »

3) Getting a dog is one of the best decisions we've ever made. There's nothing that will instantly lift your mood after a long day, or when your under stress, than the sheer unadulterated joy of a dog coming charging at you for love and cuddles.

I can't believe the positive effect it's already had.

That's your steady state cardio sorted then. What breed (s) is it?

• Advertisement

10689859_10153409384020115_5235965613456141631_n.jpg?oh=58df50c26099792fd76945c1b9ecd827&oe=5641B485
    That's your steady state cardio sorted then. What breed (s) is it?

She's a staffie!

..obviously enough from the pic above tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

She looks all kinds of awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dog looks more jacked than her owner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I only got my dog a month ago and a staff was exactly was I intended to get too. Must be a powerlifting thing

Zombienosh wrote: »
    She looks all kinds of awesome.

She is.
    Dog looks more jacked than her owner

She's not.
    I only got my dog a month ago and a staff was exactly was I intended to get too. Must be a powerlifting thing

I think it's a "what a ****ing awesome dog" sorta thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement