Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gap warning!!..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

He wasn't referring to the locals, I assume. My take on it was that the Wicklow hills is the location of choice for nutjobs from far and wide to practice their nutjobbery.

Of course, most of the locals are nutjobs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Having spent many years MTBing in the more remote corners of Wicklow, he has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Of course, most of the locals are nutjobs too.
    Statistically speaking, Dublin is much madder than Wicklow.

http://www.hrb.ie/uploads/tx_hrbpublications/HRB_Statistics_Series_22_-_Irish_Psychiatric_Units_and_Hospitals_Census_2013.pdf

See Table 2.24 Irish Psychiatric Units and Hospitals Census 2013. County and gender, Numbers with rates per 100,000 total population

Dublin: 70.9, top of the table.
    Wicklow: 46.1.

So those nutjobs are most probably on the loose from Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or else there are just higher numbers undiagnosed in wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

or else there are just higher numbers undiagnosed in wicklow.

"Traditionally, agricultural workers have had the highest rate of hospitalisation in each successive census with the unskilled group having the second-highest rate."

Yet despite Wicklow being full of farmers and people with no skills (:pac:), they still have a much lower rate of admission.

Face it, Dubs are the mentallers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

You don't have to be mad to live here but national statistics suggest that the chance that you are is greater than the national average

They should put that on all approaches to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Friends who live in t'mountains refuse to go across the Featherbeds after dark because of scary and nasty men bullying drivers in various ways. They blame Tallaght.*

* which at least has historic resonance, since St Kevin of Glendalough threw a temptress from Tallaght into the lake and flung himself into a bed of nettles to soothe his burning passions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Friends who live in t'mountains refuse to go across the Featherbeds after dark because of scary and nasty men bullying drivers in various ways. They blame Tallaght.*

* which at least has historic resonance, since St Kevin of Glendalough threw a temptress from Tallaght into the lake and flung himself into a bed of nettles to soothe his burning passions

That'd take the edge off alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

So, if I understand things correctly from this thread, the road to the Wicklow Gap from the Hollywood side is now in sh*t3 following Wicklow CC road 'repairs'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I was up there last weekend - it was woeful. I can't imagine it's OK by now

• Advertisement
Advertisement