Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best old style pubs in Cork?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The Welcome Inn, Parnell place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Story with all the "hipster " comments? Is it just people suddenly coming to the realisation that a new generation of young people are becoming regulars at these pubs?
    I don't think hipsters have to be young, do they?
    Couldn't care less about them to be honest, up to them how they want to dress or look. They only few I know seem to be a bit up their own arse, but they don't cause any issues for me, so let them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

It's a strange phobia.
    I wouldn't say it's strange at all. I remember when those that frequented Fred Zepplins or Sir Henry's got the same treatment at times.
    Just another generation, where people dress/style themselves collectively. And I'd imagine it occurred prior to that. Nothing new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Reidy's Vault.Very old fashioned place. I like it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,799 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I don't think hipsters have to be young, do they?
    Couldn't care less about them to be honest, up to them how they want to dress or look. They only few I know seem to be a bit up their own arse, but they don't cause any issues for me, so let them at it.

They're far far less irritating than some of the leisurewear clad clientele, the kind who are dressed for the gym but they've never seen the inside of one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement