Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi u-turned, I hit it -- no damage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Speed and speed.

We all do it on occasion, but when its wet, half it. its not worth it no destination is that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry to hear fella

weather had been reasonably good, so first rain makes the roads particularly slippy for some reason - sounds like you might have still been in 'summer 100% grip mode'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've not had anything so far, but a few times I've had to remind myself "Pushing it too hard and crashing is a lot more hassle than being a few minutes later."

Not looking forward to a spill if and when it happens. Only thing so far is half-dropping the bike in slow motion in the work carpark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really sorry to hear that fella, dont be too hard on yourself....

If the bike was squirming sideways and that and the front was locking up you must have been moving quicker then you taught alright....glad all is okay and only pride hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Shít happens rat-race, no point stressing about it man.

Bikes come & go, as long as you're OK, all is well :cool:

By our mistakes, we learn...chin up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

You just need to practice it more

SugQMq9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Wossack wrote: »
    weather had been reasonably good, so first rain makes the roads particularly slippy for some reason

The first shower after a prolonged dry spell can be as lethal as black ice... like black ice if it catches you out it's usually game over.

It takes a few heavy downpours to wash away the mixture of grime etc and get back to "normal" wet weather grip expectancy..... can't account for that patch of diesel on the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Wossack wrote: »
    sorry to hear fella

weather had been reasonably good, so first rain makes the roads particularly slippy for some reason - sounds like you might have still been in 'summer 100% grip mode'
    The first shower after a prolonged dry spell can be as lethal as black ice... like black ice if it catches you out it's usually game over.

It takes a few heavy downpours to wash away the mixture of grime etc and get back to "normal" wet weather grip expectancy..... can't account for that patch of diesel on the roundabout.

Yep. The father used to always warn me about this...and I do keep it in mind.

But holy ****, when I tested it with my boot, it was so slippy. No sign of oil. Anyway...took it easy today. I was deffo was in summer mode, was driving like a tit in general lately now that I think about it.

Cheers all!

Advertisement