Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 grant?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I've had a reply back from Ideal.

My question:
    Hi, is powerflushing mandatory when installing a new Ideal boiler? I've had four quotes for installs so far. Everyone says they would flush the system using chemicals and inhibitor seals etc., but they all say that powerflushing is not necessary on a house 10 years old. Where does Ideal stand on this?

Ideal's reply:
    Thank you for your email enquiry. Due to the age of the property in which you are installing your boiler, we would recommend that the existing system be drained, cleansed, flushed with clean water, and a suitable inhibitor added upon refilling. I have included the information below, from our installation manual, that outlines our manufacturer’s guidelines.

I trust this information is useful to you.

2rhn19f.jpg

I'm not dismissing anybody's advice on this thread. Clearly you guys are more knowledgable than me in this field and I certainly wouldn't pretend otherwise. It is just interesting to know Ideal's official viewpoint on this, and it's reassuring to know that not powerflushing wouldn't void the warranty.

Just as an aside, a fifth plumber I've been speaking to has said:
    1. Don't touch Baxi, Ferroli, and a few others.
    2. Good boilers would be Vokera, Worchester Bosch, Viessmann (but not worth their high price), Vallaint (but you can't adjust them. Ariston are not bad but a lot of warranty issues. Really good controls but weak components.
    3. Ideal are not a bad little boiler, just a bit basic. Run on the high side with CO and you can't really adjust them.

Does anyone agree / disagree with the above 3 points? Additionally, any opinions on the Baisi Advance Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I've had a reply back from Ideal.

My question:

Ideal's reply:

2rhn19f.jpg

I'm not dismissing anybody's advice on this thread. Clearly you guys are more knowledgable than me in this field and I certainly wouldn't pretend otherwise. It is just interesting to know Ideal's official viewpoint on this, and it's reassuring to know that not powerflushing wouldn't void the warranty.

Just as an aside, a fifth plumber I've been speaking to has said:
    1. Don't touch Baxi, Ferroli, and a few others.
    2. Good boilers would be Vokera, Worchester Bosch, Viessmann (but not worth their high price), Vallaint (but you can't adjust them. Ariston are not bad but a lot of warranty issues. Really good controls but weak components.
    3. Ideal are not a bad little boiler, just a bit basic. Run on the high side with CO and you can't really adjust them.

Does anyone agree / disagree with the above 3 points? Additionally, any opinions on the Baisi Advance Plus?

I've fitted aristons for years and haven't had 1 issue with any boiler I've ever fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yes, not powerflushing will not void a warranty. But when your boiler blocks up with dirt from a half arsed " chemical flush" then I can guarantee you that the warranty will be void.
    By the way, I've seen systems 1-2 years old with more dirt in them than some 30 year old systems so system age is not a factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

At around the 200 mark average for a ber, is that not a bit high considering the overall job being done.I'd have thought even a power flush could be open to negotiated given its not the only thing being done?

maybe the Ber is needed for the grant end but really it doesn't amount to much, got one done once and the guy was more interested in how many cfl bulbs I had than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Why are some installers offering €500 off for efficient energy incentive and others are not. Everything else the same on offer except the additional €500 off.

Is it a no brainer to go for the installer offering this or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Why are some installers offering €500 off for efficient energy incentive and others are not. Everything else the same on offer except the additional €500 off.

Is it a no brainer to go for the installer offering this or am I missing something?

The ones who are are probably registered installers with seai. You are only eligible for grant if you use approved installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

The ones who are are probably registered installers with seai. You are only eligible for grant if you use approved installer.

No its the €500 efficient energy incentive that some installers are offering in addition to the seai grant that i am enquiring about? anybody got info on this and why only some installers are offering or able to offer it?

Advertisement