Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB and Tesco using Downs Syndrome to increase childhood obesity?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

So I saw this image on Linkedin and was instantly disgusted.

Am I being way too cynical to see this as an exploitation of a superb cause of Downs Syndrome Ireland by HB and Tesco to promote poor nutrition to children for profit? :confused:

DSI will get much needed funds but at what cost?

ec9cb1cb-e7f6-4078-a054-d70d7abd0fca-large.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I think you are being too cynical.

They are promoting having a treat and raising some money for a very worthy cause. Nowhere does it advise you to eat ice cream to the point of becoming obese.

Ha.

No, it's not promoting anything like that. If it were on the toiletries section, would you claim that its saying that people with Downs syndrome are smelly? Where would you rather they put it, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

tradhead wrote: »
    I think you are being too cynical.
    Perhaps :)
    tradhead wrote: »
    They are promoting having a treat and raising some money for a very worthy cause. Nowhere does it advise you to eat ice cream to the point of becoming obese.

HB maybe...
    But Tesco has a 9 metre long primary colour painted truck with pure junk using HB and the Fundays logo
    i.e. using the positive association with the Fundays logo without any reference to DSI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

They should have done it with an apple or broccoli company, everyone be healthier and the very worthy cause of downs syndrome Ireland would have got no money. Hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Ice Cream Fundays have raised nearly 3 million in the last 10 years.

It's a once-a-year thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

The Ice Cream Fundays have raised nearly 3 million in the last 10 years.

It's a once-a-year thing

Everybody knows it's ice cream once a year thats the biggest cause of childhood obesity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

That funday is normally in May or June. When was that photo taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hmm appears I'm being too cynical then...

I'll head off and reassess my interpretation of multinational corporations approach to philanthropy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You do know ice cream isin't the worst thing you could eat. Ok I know its not exactly healthy but crisits not as bad as sweets, drinks, crisps, fast food etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

While in tesco, buy tinfoil hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

Not really the topic i know, but that bus fridge looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

what-if-conspiracies-are-made-up-by-corporations-to-sell-more-tinfoil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tescos have great toothbrushes, 4 for 89 cent so you can swap for a new toothbrush every 2/3 weeks. This is my contribution to this thread

Leave Ice Cream alone.

Ice Cream never did nothin' to nobody :(

In fairness ice cream is a gateway drugs. When you mix it with a flake, it leads to chocolate. Chocolate leads to crisps. Crisps lead to.. You get the picture.

Ice cream. Never even once.

:pac:

Advertisement