Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ducketts grove pic

Options
  • 22-07-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I've never posted here before and don't really post much anywhere but I said I put this up here for you to have a look.

I was in ducketts grove the other day and my wife took some pictures. I jokingly said I'd check them for any ghosts when we got home and the first pic I looked at was this one. Now I'm sceptic but I thought I'd put it here for you guys to have a look and see what you think. I must say the place is amazing and parts were ceepy as hell. I'd definitely recommend a visit.
    On the right of centre just by the smaller tower/pillar there appears to be a face looking out. there is another thing to the left of that but that's a light fixture i think.

I hope the resolution is good enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

cant say i see anything. then again, i also think the whole 'ducketts grove in haunted' idea is the best marketing/tourism plan carlow county council ever came up with. there was no word of ghosts or banshees before they took it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭johnson1

I'd never heard of it until last week, we looked up different tours of ireland and came across "the carlow backroads"
    The sensory gardens, The Dolmen, ducketts grove and a caslte (i cant remember the name but it had a temple of ISIS in the basement which was weird to say the least) it was a nice day trip though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

Jeez, but that's scary.
    Must be the first' nudie ghostie' ever pictured !
    She'll catch her death goin' around like that.

johnson1 wrote: »
    but it had a temple of ISIS in the basement which was weird to say the least) it was a nice day trip though.

Huntington Castle I'd say in Clonegal. Lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Cant see anything, can you be more descriptive of where it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

not seeing anything either even the elusive naked lady!! What are we suppose to be looking at..

Great spot alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I see nothing and I've looked hard...

Come back, OP, and explain where it is!

yep me too zommed in and I'm not seeing anything pointless post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

spooky_zpsapvot0tx.png

surely thats another part of the building?

• Advertisement

come back op and tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lol

seriously?

wow lawred2, you are so so soooo hilarious.

maccored wrote: »
    wow lawred2, you are so so soooo hilarious.

not trying to be... someone posts a picture of a ruin

says something about a face

there is clearly no face

the only supernatural going on here is the OP's disappearing act

not really too sure what you think you'd find in a paranormal forum. Sure you're in the right place?

not really too sure what you think you'd find in a paranormal forum. Sure you're in the right place?

well not pictures of castles at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

surely thats another part of the building?

I dunno, it's the only thing I could find in the picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sniperviper

left hand side of the building middle window on the top zoomed in looks like a face/head just under the top of the window. thats all i can see.... could be wrong have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

left hand side of the building middle window on the top zoomed in looks like a face/head just under the top of the window. thats all i can see.... could be wrong have a look

Wow. Good spot.

It kind of looks like two faces to me. Not sure if you see both of them.

One of the faces looks evil, the other looks like a black and white photo. They are right next to each other.

Strange to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sniperviper

I can see the one that looks like a black and white photo kind of looks to me like its a mans head

• Advertisement

I can see the one that looks like a black and white photo kind of looks to me like its a mans head

Yeah same, it seems strange, but it looks like it could be a photo of Winston Churchill. Maybe not Churchill, the guy in the photo is not quite the same.

Definitely the same era though if this is a photoshopped photo. (Not saying it is.)

Is this what we're looking at? If so its pareidolia.

Is this what we're looking at? If so its pareidolia.

That is what I am looking at. But I can see the black and white face and another one.

The second one is evil if I have ever seen an evil face.

mud wrote: »
    spooky_zpsapvot0tx.png

I think I can actually see an outline of something.

Yemowt wrote: »
    I think I can actually see an outline of something.

that one definitely is from the roof of the other side of the building. the outline looks like a hair on the lens.

That is what I am looking at. But I can see the black and white face and another one.

The second one is evil if I have ever seen an evil face.

thats a classic case of pareidolia in my book

thats a classic case of pareidolia in my book

Would not be too sure. After all it is Ducketts Grove.

Maybe it is though. However I tend to think not.

Would not be too sure. After all it is Ducketts Grove.

Maybe it is though. However I tend to think not.

I was researching Haunted Carlow in 2010 and there was no word about ducketts grove being haunted. seemed to have kicked off when destination truth got there and started talking about banshees (even a quick google for ducketts grove and banshee doesnt bring up much pre 2011). People can believe what they wish to believe, but to me personally its nothing more than pareidolia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Just because there is no word of being haunted does not mean it cant be. No more so then the reverse where places like Leap claim to be haunted but are clearly not.

Either way its good to see a nice picture posted on this forum and a bit of discussion.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    Just because there is no word of being haunted does not mean it cant be. No more so then the reverse where places like Leap claim to be haunted but are clearly not.

Either way its good to see a nice picture posted on this forum and a bit of discussion.

just because theres no word of it not being haunted also doesnt mean that it is haunted. not too many places are in fairness.

Advertisement