Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IS250 SEL

Options
  • 16-07-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

friggin roasting here...

nI7q_Dnr0bEpYKBH8SZu3eQ0HdnOxGumSjmFyWQTnUM=w1698-h955-no

subtle mod..

9_X1QWjgKDbgptY7pSFEqWrRQNeLBrPuib1WjpXvzJc=w1280-h720-no

wwkZC3FVFHfcK_kvoJe4zXORnu2nvTPaP7KDooM0gq8=w1698-h955-no

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

been on a epic trip to Wild Ireland, some bone shaking roads. Quite a few people gawking at my car and more than 1 right up on my bumper, someone in a Focus something followed me most of the way from Rosslare to newross it looked like - I was doing 80 (mph) at tops on occasion and he had ample opportunity to pass me out but persisted in staying on my bumper... weird.

Im sure I could do more than 80 as it was at about 2,700rpm but I was on a road trip, not looking for a race with a Ford Focus.

SlpIuXemAoAIKs7t1-xNilOQ8Vj9QI5qZgkHnedX2_s=w437-h246-no

ZTNmGPvhnj5WhUpo5ZA3HGVkYGSAG3PLSnRlS8CYV5U=w1698-h955-no

TqtPaGPVZTOUNMOUBN7AO87hLCDNPZQ8x9LXDWhL6hU=w1152-h648-no

Q3nmhCUg9ivCRc7T1OmQdGrsuKF28oAzgLgKF6jiA3g=w1280-h720-no

R53swg7yu_O9mliIP_K0Mi86CBh99hIXq9cxZ9EFd58=w128-h227-no

fantastic weather for my trip, have to say delighted i done it, my 360euro i took with me initially is down to a bare 90 now and that's just since saturday morning.

as for my car, i am getting loads of cars pulling up a bit too close for comfort behind me, i guess people don't see many cars like it. grand as long as they don't drive into the back of me.

ofEA1OADNPbmj0QjhgmE2956PGkmNRI7hXw6OEhJMzA=w391-h220-no

not much worries in life for this sheep

nyNQYADz3qyNBxaVDA1a2rO41VNIvpvh-_3RN4oP3Uw=w1698-h955-no

c_dy_9vhRaIh9S5GSj-Hs1zsNEVuVpBmLQbmTofdzTE=w391-h220-no

q4u44VN0JXdea3GPU-nKteRjk8ptha4nudTuJZKStDs=w538-h955-no

while i am at the folks I spend most of my day giving her a wash, polish (Menzerna 2500) and a coat of carlack. Not some work I want to do very often as its very labour intensive.

-v8eL8g1i-lnT_1OKLMrTaUdt_x1KGlXC-l_S6UFO3A=w538-h955-no

0wnipaxvcgLliA-E_3f23VMeD3Y976vMLRIVas52W_k=w1698-h955-no

bJQ0oCTQvOiQ4wvBZIpHpVvQa3HLKUgZTh_1tH1oPgw=w1698-h955-no

UwQ_mqD9hsRHjSIpnZQKW9piz0OO53NX0-AkeQModRA=w348-h196-no

e6m1eF7dAfCtBcnfA_6_WknlyFbCyj8Ccxn7B5t2V9g=w1698-h955-no

k099YTEVW6e19dWEVZXjhg_N7vUwKA_EwrAdDyU7XDI=w1698-h955-no

Cz_Y3tkxvz9Zwz58ZKsHvRvUntW537iiNXIpn5QcjFI=w1698-h955-no

SUHPKWFDX7HYVC8P7jm5tV1Butn5Q3Es_WeFKmhy55A=w1698-h955-no

bX5hAj48RKzegqzdQVMtZI7e0NH171SfTLhoqHqCyB0=w1698-h955-no

YNz4T1boxyFPNnLEkmcr46qx6Jbyf_3gtpIUs4yC9cQ=w1698-h955-no

L5UBzeq1eZS1aKD5vk7IP38kkgl2b7Jeo5iafZvV2-M=w1698-h955-no

my cat not used to this car parked up.

had another go with this coin malarkey, the hardest thing was finding a level surface on the engine and coping with winds from the gable end of the gaff here., that an uploading this on youtube in the sthicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAV0l4Okp3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR2ROh7RhuU

@ Toyotafanboy, you need to get one of these shoehorned into the boot if you want a ML unit :p

HRa7b_Cbs2IER4FYfM3BppAaV0ogxxY6lOcfLTbiYdc=w391-h220-no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Videos are on private.

Nice car, would be high enough on my list of next possibles

Nice car indeed, the only negative I can find is really poor leg room in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I don't think you are getting this coin trick thing.

- place coin standing up on the engine block
    - start engine
    - record

I dont think you are getting the 4GR-FSE engine, you are welcome to find a location to balance a 2E coin somewhere in the engine block. From the videos I have posted up it does seem somewhat more refined than the 16V one in the celica though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Just rake off the cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think you are getting this coin trick thing.

- place coin standing up on the engine block
    - start engine
    - record

What does that prove though?
    I always thought it was
    place it on block at idle
    Rev up to 3000 rpm or so, and if engine is well balanced it won't fall off?

The other way just proves you have stiff engine mounts.

Hachiko wrote: »
    Nice car indeed, the only negative I can find is really poor leg room in the back.

A lot of saloons, 3 series, a4 etc lack rear legroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Most modern saloons have a post ourside to tie your horse to.

Clears up alot of space

Clears up alot of space

??

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

the Lexus aren't my cup of tea at all, too like the toyotas for my liking,

Clears up alot of space

drink responsibly will ya.

Just rake off the cover

if you have bothered to look at the videos you will see the cover has been removed, in fact somehow placing a less than horizontal quality street box into the engine bay gave better than expected results for me.

well then you can't really go wrong if you want a quiet,refined and very reliable saloon with lots of gadgets. There are < 400 of these in the entire of the UK (2008 models) in this trim which makes it somewhat exclusive compared to the hundreds of thousands of 2.0TDI's out there so it does make it a bit comforting not to be part of the mainstream.

It's a real pity they couldn't come up with a decent diesel for these. I still remember in 05 when they first came out how noisy the 220d was from outside.
    The diesel was the volume seller but it really tainted the model, and to a certain extent the brand .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's a real pity they couldn't come up with a decent diesel for these. I still remember in 05 when they first came out how noisy the 220d was from outside.

I really wanted one last year but the gearbox drove me nuts on a long journey. Ratios were poorly spaced and 6th was redundant under 90mph.

It came down to a previous generation Lexus IS200 and the 159 I have now.

• Advertisement

Yeah, one idiosyncrasy of the 220d is never being able to use rear view mirror from all the vibrations.

Yeah, one idiosyncrasy of the 220d is never being able to use rear view mirror from all the vibrations.
    Or 6th gear in a diesel. I loved the interior though. I would have loved the 250 as featured here but I cover too many miles to run one efficiently.

I really dislike the "passenger airbag on" indicator light phase they went through though

I really dislike the "passenger airbag on" indicator light phase they went through though
    I don't recall that tbh. The one I looked at buying had an after market sunroof fitted. Sadly the seals failed but the garage were more than willing to fix it. In the end it was worries over the head gasket and the wan ky 6th gear that stopped me buying. I'd gladly buy a petrol or hybrid in the future if my mileage suits in the future. I've liked Lexus ever since I spotted my first LS400 back in 91

The diesel was the volume seller but it really tainted the model, and to a certain extent the brand .

well they stopped making it, dont think the brand is tainted,. The UK is miniscule in the overall growth for Lexus. Most of the sales are Asia and USA.

In western europe most people are brainwashed with 2.0TDIs from Germany for some cheap tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

that and the constant beeps that get progressively louder as you don't belt up and also not being able to enter nav directions on the display while driving and well,... not being able to watch dvds while driving (if thats your thing), but there is a fix around that. Don't see the point of dvd play back on a headunit myself, unless for the passenger seats.

Hachiko wrote: »
    well they stopped making it, dont think the brand is tainted,. The UK is miniscule in the overall growth for Lexus. Most of the sales are Asia and USA.

In western europe most people are brainwashed with 2.0TDIs from Germany for some cheap tax.

I'd agree to be honest. The brand hasn't been damaged. Other than the diesel they are extremely well built.

They also get really good resale value and good mpg on their diesel yokes to be fair.

I like that Lexus are persisting with the hybrid thing. Even though the CT200h isn't highly regarded, it is a contender for my next car.

I think you can disable the beeps for the seatbelt using the trip computer. You can on the avensis anyway

• Advertisement

it is a contender for my next car.
    y
    Me too, my refusal to drive an VAG and BMW is limited and I view Lexus as being very acceptable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement