Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need shoe advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

I went ahead and ordered the Adipowers before you posted.

I'll let you know what I think of them after I've tried them out.

Re the push presses. I badly injured my cruciate doing those years ago so I wouldn't advise them.

BTW when I spoke with Adidas customer care they said they don't support adidasspecialitysports.ie so they might not be the best to order from. It's better to buy from Adidas directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Shoes arrived and are a perfect fit. For anyone ordering these just order your usual size. Theres no need to order a size down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Could I get a bit of help choosing shoes too please ?

Main use with be Squats 1/2 days a week with some power cleans as well.
    I have an Amazon voucher so will be ordering the shoes from there
    My current budget has been looking at these :
    Adidas Powerlift 2.0
    Adidas Power Perfect 2.0
    Inov8 Fastlift 335
    I've seen different reviews online what say to avoid the Powerlifts, has anyone any experience with them ?
    How do people find the sizing in the adidas compared to Nanos? I wear an 8.5 in Nanos and found the 9 in the Power Perfects to be very tight, didn't get to try a 9.5 but I assume they should be tight to start with ?

Or would I be better off spending that bit more and getting the Adipowers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

will56 wrote: »
    Could I get a bit of help choosing shoes too please ?

Main use with be Squats 1/2 days a week with some power cleans as well.
    I have an Amazon voucher so will be ordering the shoes from there
    My current budget has been looking at these :
    Adidas Powerlift 2.0
    Adidas Power Perfect 2.0
    Inov8 Fastlift 335
    I've seen different reviews online what say to avoid the Powerlifts, has anyone any experience with them ?
    How do people find the sizing in the adidas compared to Nanos? I wear an 8.5 in Nanos and found the 9 in the Power Perfects to be very tight, didn't get to try a 9.5 but I assume they should be tight to start with ?

Or would I be better off spending that bit more and getting the Adipowers ?

I don't know for certain but from what I understand, there's a little more give in the sole of the Powerlifts vs Power Perfects. That said, I don't think I'd lose anything off my squats by wearing Powerlifts vs the Power perfects I have. There's a great feeling of stability in the Power Perfects as well.

Advertisement