Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 20-7-2015

• 20-07-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

BAT15_Photo_258-2269446022.jpg

WWE Battleground saw the monumental return of The Undertaker and the incredible WWE World Heavyweight Championship controversy that he left in his wake. Will The Phenom cast his legendary shadow over Raw as well?

1. Will The Deadman rise on Raw?

2. Two Faces of Fear?

3. How will the Divas revolution continue?

4. The serpentine question

5. What’s next for The Champ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,020 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice to see someone new open RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope he doesn't get what'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

they crowd are really quiet. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well that's Summerslam's main event confirmed.

• Advertisement

Charlotte vs Brie. Was hoping it'd be Becky vs Alicia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

really cheapens the match the way they just announce it like that.

I'll bet Network Subscriptions will soar thru the roof for people to watch summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm looking forward to that weekend now, Stereophonics, TakeOver and then SummerSlam Sunday.

Setting up Summerslam main events on the phone and they wonder why the ratings are plummeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Oh yes, nothing will boost Tough Enough ratings like Big Show being there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Just read this elsewhere
    If they expect Taker to be a heel then they're out of their minds. The guy could molest a child whilst pissing on the American flag and pledging allegiance to ISIS and the people would still go nuts for him

:pac:

The Commentators just scrambled LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

woulda been the funniest thing ever if the gong sounded, lights out and then undertaker teleported into the big crowd of wrestlers beside brock

This is some build up man

BROCK SMASH!

Was anyone else expecting Lesner to smash out of the huddle Matrix style?

That was f*cking awesome.

woulda been the funniest thing ever if the gong sounded, lights out and then undertaker teleported into the big crowd of wrestlers beside brock

No that's magic you're thinking of :P

WWE could add 100% on to the subscriptions costs for summerslam and they would have no problem getting it, Must say folks there tonight are getting their moneys worth. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭briany

Undertaker goes from undead wizard to drunken late night high street brawl participant. All you need is Sheamus going, "Ah, he-ore , wudja leave off 'im! He's not fookin' worth it!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    No that's magic you're thinking of :P

The same magic that will hopefully make Seth Rollins reappear safe and sound later tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

How long until R truth gets in trouble for dropping the n word there when talking to brock!?

Ok, think that's as good as it will get tonight. Although apparently three long promos are scheduled for the show. Taker was one, Heyman the second the third?

Maybe Rollins?

TGJD wrote: »
    How long until R truth gets in trouble for dropping the n word there when talking to brock!?

Did he?

The backstage brawl didnt work anywhere near as good as the in ring part.

Ok, think that's as good as it will get tonight. Although apparently three long promos are scheduled for the show. Taker was one, Heyman the second the third?

Maybe Rollins?

A trademake Wyatt ramble is long overdue.

Edit: Speak of the devil...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

TGJD wrote: »

Just heard him keep saying bro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

J. Marston wrote: »
    A trademake Wyatt ramble is long overdue.

Edit: Speak of the devil...
    Thought that one was one of his better ones. Seems to suggest that another person is going to join the Wyatt Family which would be awesome.

Did he?

The backstage brawl didnt work anywhere near as good as the in ring part.

I heard him say chill n word! nearly sure.

Ambrose to join the Wyatt's I'm calling it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ambrose to join the Wyatt's I'm calling it now.
    Ambrose is too over for them to do that. I have no idea who will join them but it won't be Ambrose

• Advertisement

Well Judas Devlin was released, there were a good few months where he was rumored to be the next member.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ambrose is too over for them to do that. I have no idea who will join them but it won't be Ambrose

It will be Bo.

But Ambrose would be more fun.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

would fit with the non nonsensical booking of ambrose though. I'm calling it to happen now.

Bull Dempsey fits the body type.

Looks like no Sting tonight, must be waiting on Rowen.

Cena Vs Reigns for Summerslam surely? That is a hell of a card already.

• Advertisement

Yeah, hopefully. I'd like to see him beat Rollins for the championship if it happens as well. #16

Two Divas matches and they both get ads. That's new.

Hopefully Becky gets the pin on Naomi.

at what point was sasha banks tagged in? Clearly shouldn't have been able to win there.

Yeah actually. Did the camera cut away or anything and we might have not seen the tag happen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Decent but not spectacular tag match. Hurt by being in the 3rd hour and the commentary and camera focus on the Bellas. The focus should be on the match near-exclusively.

• Advertisement

coolest finish ever

I would really like to see Sheamus winning a match sometime this week. Hopefully on SmackDown.

Knew this was bad but not this level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be honest, I skipped 90% of the main event, but the ending looked super fun, and it was great seeing Cesaro get such a prominent spot alongisde Cena vs Orton. If ever there was a guy ready made to jump into the main event spot, it was him.

Still, I don't get why they dropped the brawl between Taker and Brock into the middle of the show, and didn't close with it. I presumed when watching it was because there was more to come; the commentators pushed their removal from the building so hard that I was sure there was one more angle to do. The crowd ate it up, and considering how many of these spots we see, I was loving it.

Divas matches were good, and great to see the NXT Three get the time they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,056 ✭✭✭✭cena

is this raw worth watching??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heyman is just box office, the delivery of that promo was just terrific, especially the end of it, i liked the pull apart brawl, but i think Lesnar should have done his usual entrance instead of running down, a slow walk while eyeballing Taker, would've looked proper badass, Still doesn't make me want to see the rematch yet though.

Its pretty clear John Boy is been put back into the Title picture against Rollins, yawn.

Great main event, really enjoyed it, Hope they keep Cesaro going forward now and not just for 4-6 weeks and forget about him again.

cena wrote: »
    is this raw worth watching??

By modern WWE RAW standards it was a very good show. Never really dragged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Its pretty clear John Boy is been put back into the Title picture against Rollins, yawn.

the only reason to have that match at Summerslam is to facilitate a Sheamus cash-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

the only reason to have that match at Summerslam is to facilitate a Sheamus cash-in

Maybe, but Sheamus as champ is not gonna boost ratings and if he did cash it in, no guarantee he'd win either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Thought it was a good RAW. The Lesnar Taker storyline with Triple H trying to keep them apart was fun.

That said, the guys who were reduced to the role of keeping them apart looked like midcarders. They knew not to put Cena, Rollins or Reigns in there but Owens, Cesaro and Rusev were which is not a good sign for them.

The divas matches were good, they are still being booked as interchangeable rather than as genuine stars though.

Looking forward to Rollins and Cena - Cena has been on fire this year and I think they could have a great run together.

Can't see Sheamus having much of a title run if he does cash in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement