Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Wallace

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

fryup wrote: »
    he also wants omagh bomber michael mckevitt released on "compassionate" grounds :confused:

and what compassion did mckevitt show to omagh?

Awe please, - it gets worse! What's coming next?
    Has Mick lost the plot??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

esforum wrote: »
    where am I wrong?

You really need to do some research before you make statements that are totally untrue. Infact a quick google would have told you the answers.

You should have known this as a member of the force.

Also I see quite a few people posting here don't reside in Wexford but seem very keen on influencing other voters decisions. You know who you are. There are other regional for a for Louth and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

STB. wrote: »
    You really need to do some research before you make statements that are totally untrue. Infact a quick google would have told you the answers.

Also I see quite a few people posting here don't reside in Wexford but seem very keen on influencing other voters decisions. You know who you are. There are other regional for a for Louth and the likes.

There's nobody trying to influence anyone's vote, you seem to have your facts wrong on that one.
    Mick Wallace is a TD in Leinster house, his actions of late are a concern to many people that live in other parts of the country as well as Wexford.

There's nobody trying to influence anyone's vote, you seem to have your facts wrong on that one.
    Mick Wallace is a TD in Leinster house, his actions of late are a concern to many people that live in other parts of the country as well as Wexford.

I'll think you will find that you are in the regional>southeast>wexford forum.

Come here much ? No, didnt think so, just trolling for Mick Wallace threads then eh....
    Oh Ouch! The truth hurts then eh?

These type responses to other posters is disrespectful at the least, but moreso childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

I'll think you will find that you are in the regional>southeast>wexford forum.

Come here much ? No, didnt think so, just trolling for Mick Wallace threads then eh....

These type responses to other posters is disrespectful at the least, but moreso childish.

in fairness , it is a wexford thread , but wallace is a national politician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Hold on a minute Mick Wallace himself doesn't even reside in Wexford!

And secondly much has been made of Mick not bothering with local issues and it been an apparent virtue, he was the very one who made a song and dance about being a national representative and others on here have held that up as being a positive apparently so bearing all that in mind the opinions of those on a national basis is very valid.

Can't play the I'm a national politician card and then say what's it got to do with you your not from Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Its perfectly okay to post in Wexford forum , no matter where you from .

Its obvious Mick has been running with the hound , and not a hare in sight . He's welcome to do that , and he got 13,000 votes last time and it looks like he will top the poll again, for simple reason he is anti-government .

I would think that Mick wont even make any promises if he is re-elected , but will simply agree to continue disrupting the running of the country , to highlight unfairness in the democratic system

the kelt wrote: »
    Hold on a minute Mick Wallace himself doesn't even reside in Wexford!

So what ? He has not resided in Wexford since he was elected to the Dail. For expenses purposes he is registered as being in Dublin as distinct from other politicians claiming to be based elsewhere and claiming all kinds of mad expenses. He is still elected to the Dail by people from Wexford.
    the kelt wrote: »
    And secondly much has been made of Mick not bothering with local issues and it been an apparent virtue, he was the very one who made a song and dance about being a national representative and others on here have held that up as being a positive apparently so bearing all that in mind the opinions of those on a national basis is very valid.

Can't play the I'm a national politician card and then say what's it got to do with you your not from Wexford.

What are you talking about ? This is a clueless post.

Regardless of whether his campaign issues are national or local, politics in this country is on a local basis and people are voted in on that basis. If you still don't understand what that means, it means that you need to be registered in his constituency to vote for him!

This is a poll asking whether you will be giving him your first preference vote.

The only people who can answer that are the people registered where he is running and that is Wexford.

Its that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So what ? He has not resided in Wexford since he was elected to the Dail. For expenses purposes he is registered as being in Dublin as distinct from other politicians claiming to be based elsewhere and claiming all kinds of mad expenses. He is still elected to the Dail by people from Wexford.

What are you talking about ? This is a clueless post.

Regardless of whether his campaign issues are national or local, politics in this country is on a local basis and people are voted in on that basis. If you still don't understand what that means, it means that you need to be registered in his constituency to vote for him!

This is a poll asking whether you will be giving him your first preference vote.

The only people who can answer that are the people registered where he is running and that is Wexford.

Its that simple.

But this is not an election, it's an Internet forum, you don't need a polling card or be registered in this constituency to have an opinion which you seem to be suggesting they shouldn't.

People can comment here without even as much as looking at the poll be them from Wexford, Westmeath, Wimbledon or the West Indies.

I get the feeling if all the comments from people outside the county were of a positive nature they wouldn't be accused of trying to influence opinion or have the validity of their comments questioned even if they are from Louth! And should only post on those forums local to them.

The opinions of others is very much welcome whether they can effect the outcome of how many votes Mick Wallace does or doesn't get which I doubt they will, as others have mentioned he will get in anyway by simply playing the anti government card and fair play to him, he has adapted to political life like a natural and played the game to a tee.. However Should we not be allowed comment on other national representatives because we don't directly vote or not vote for them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'm far from a Mick Wallace supporter. I like the man on a personal level and I think he has done a good job and tried to represent the common Irish person well in the Dail. He asks the questions with no bullsh1t spin and asks the questions the ordinary person wants to hear answered. Will I vote for him? I dont know. He'll probably be one of my later picks, but I will be waiting until the election to see one way or another. No one right now looks in any way an attractive vote.

But to some of the "facts" posted on here, some of them are utter rubbish.
    no he wasnt, he didnt start the penalty points, that was ming and he was proved wrong about the nama money but as he just used Dail privelege to talk a load of ****e and continues to do so he is protected from those he bashes without proof. He hasnt actually accomplished anything, nor will he.

what was he proved wrong on? There is a continuing investigation and it looks like he has information that was important to the case
    he was wrong about the Gardai and the Clare Daly case
    no he wasnt. She was vindicated and proven innocent
    he critisises a system he benefitted from
    what system? everyone benefitted from the "system" at some point. Do you mean being a TD? His wages prior to that would be higher than what they are as a TD
    he hasnt paid back any money yet from the pensions
    yes he has
    hasnt paid back revenue
    yes he has
    Did you really elect a TD to jump Shannons fence?
    personally I didnt. It was a publicity stunt that has obviously worked, but it wouldnt be high on my list of priorities for this country
    Did you really elect a TD to go bail for a suspected terrorist?
    really?
    What exactly has he actually done for his contstituents?
    he has been part of a lot of primary school developments with regards to special needs. He comes from a teaching background, so it seems he has gone back to his roots on matters in his constituency
    and as for his company, yeah he tried to keep the company afloat but it was for his pocket, not the good of his staff. get real will ya, he made millions building houses and selling them for huge profits not giving them away for charity! He wasnt critisising the housing bubble and banks then was he?
    he didnt make millions selling houses. You might want to have a quick look into the history of his business and what exactly the business did. A very small part of his portfolio was apartments, and it was his venture onto the property side of things that finished him. His business was mainly in civils works, paving and pedestrian areas.

he was residing in Dublin long before he was elected. I dont know when he last resided in Wexford, it is definitely at least 20 years or more since he permanently lived in Wexford. His family are there and he still has some living accommodation there, but has lived in Dublin since the mid 90s at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement