Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speculation on Jon & Tyrion's parenthood - non book readers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah its looking like the 3 Dragon Riders will be..

Jon Snow(Targaryen) ,Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen.

Maybe dragons are like horses, prefer the smaller jockey

Tyrion Dettori 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe dragons are like horses, prefer the smaller jockey

Tyrion Dettori 6/1
    Certainly makes his comment about always wanting a dragon, "even a little one like me", from last week a little more interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'd always assumed Bran would warg into one of the dragons, but the above could make sense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bambi wrote: »
    That mad king did some amount of milking outside the bucket in fairness.

He's no Bobby 'Big Balls' Baratheon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Problem is Tyrion is younger than Jamie and Cercei, there has been zero reference to the Mad King playing away with Tywins wife apart from the "taking liberties" bit at the bedding part of her and Tywins wedding, but obviously if that was referring to an affair he'd be Jamies and Cerceis father not Tyrion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

loyatemu wrote: »
    Don't see how Tyrion can be a Targaryen - his birth is well documented. (also speculating about where the story might go is not spoiling - you might as well close the thread if we can't discuss that).

Birth being documented isn't conception being documented

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its a non-runner, it hasnt been sign-posted at all, remember Tywins speech about not being able to drown Tyrion because he was his son and a Lannister? GRRM is not going to turn around and say "Oh yeah Tyrion was a Targaryan all along lol" after presenting zero evidence for it. All Tyrions descriptions paint him as a deformed Lannister, he has absolutely zero Targaryan features. You could pick literally any other character and there would be as much evidence for them being a Targaryan as there is for Tyrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Thargor wrote: »
    Problem is Tyrion is younger than Jamie and Cercei, there has been zero reference to the Mad King playing away with Tywins wife apart from the "taking liberties" bit at the bedding part of her and Tywins wedding, but obviously if that was referring to an affair he'd be Jamies and Cerceis father not Tyrion.

Any thoughts on Cersie and Jaime being Targarions... The incest.. Mild madness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Grudaire wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Cersie and Jaime being Targarions... The incest.. Mild madness..

the two blonde sibling fcukers?
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thargor wrote: »
    Its a non-runner, it hasnt been sign-posted at all, remember Tywins speech about not being able to drown Tyrion because he was his son and a Lannister? GRRM is not going to turn around and say "Oh yeah Tyrion was a Targaryan all along lol" after presenting zero evidence for it. All Tyrions descriptions paint him as a deformed Lannister, he has absolutely zero Targaryan features. You could pick literally any other character and there would be as much evidence for them being a Targaryan as there is for Tyrion.

I agree Tyrion describes himself as a deformed Lannister but in the first book I could help but notice they made reference to his hair being white gold I think whereas as Cersei and Jaime had golden locks. It's a tough one but the clues and hints are there but nowhere near the same extent as Jon. We can take a lot ambiguous lines and make a case for it, Tyrion has a massive fascination with dragons and can speak old Valyerian but I don't know how his true Lineage would come out even if there was any credibility to the theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Grudaire wrote: »

It would be funny if Tywin's only child was the one he would love to have disowned, most of the time.

I miss Tywin, is it too late to resurrect him? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

maudgonner wrote: »
    It would be funny if Tywin's only child was the one he would love to have disowned, most of the time.

You'd have some job trying to convince Mellissandre to ressurect a Lannister :pac:

"Look, seeing as how Stannis is dead now, maybe you could do us a favour..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

maudgonner wrote: »

I hope Tywin has an identical twin brother, who also happens to have the same traits and personality

Is it too much to ask for more Charles Dance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I hope Tywin has an identical twin brother, who also happens to have the same traits and personality

My favourite Tywin scenes were when he was with Arya. So maybe Jaqen H'ghar or another faceless man could take on the face (and everything else) of Tywin.

A man could do this much for us, surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The scenes Tywin and Arya shared were without doubt, the absolute highlight of the shows divergences from the books. They were excellent scenes and showed just how good an actress Maisie Williams is when she proved she could hold her own against a veteran of the RSC. I absolutely loved them. It's a shame they haven't fared so well on all of their departures from the source material!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Just because tyrion is a lannister doesnt mean theres not a bit of targarion blood in his lineage somewhere, ( they didnt all exclusively shag their siblings, )
    So him ending up on a dragons not that far fetched...
    ( and not all targarions were dragon riders... the dragon liked you or didnt)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Suffice to say that season 6 has confirmed Jon's lineage?

Tryion is still up for grabs, but the dragons fondness for him implies some Valerian connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Kevan just needs more screen time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Suffice to say that season 6 has confirmed Jon's lineage?

Eh, how??? I must've missed something?

Eh, how??? I must've missed something?

The flashback fight between young Ned Stark & the 2 members of the kings guard.

The kings son had kidnapped Ned's sister and imprisoned her in that tower.. (we heard her scream & Ned asking where she is)....

The long held assumption being that that Prince Rahegar fathered a child with Lyanna Stark after kidnapping her & this is Jon.
    Lyanna died & it is supposed that Ned brought this boy to Winterfell on the pretense that it was his own bastard child.

Hence the R+L=J theory

TBH, I think this also holds weight because if Jon is half Targaryen, he's the nephew of Denerys & could well be an ally.
    (Handy way to avoid the certain war between the North/Starks & Danny when she eventually gets to Westeros)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

The flashback fight between young Ned Stark & the 2 members of the kings guard.

The kings son had kidnapped Ned's sister and imprisoned her in that tower.. (we heard her scream & Ned asking where she is)....

The long held assumption being that that Prince Rahegar fathered a child with Lyanna Stark after kidnapping her & this is Jon.
    Lyanna died & it is supposed that Ned brought this boy to Winterfell on the pretense that it was his own bastard child.

Hence the R+L=J theory

TBH, I think this also holds weight because if Jon is half Targaryen, he's the nephew of Denerys & could well be an ally.
    (Handy way to avoid the certain war between the North/Starks & Danny when she eventually gets to Westeros)

Yeah I know the theory but not sure that scene definitely proves it.

The scenes very existence is getting us there....
    I think the actor playing young Ned is cast for at least 1 more episode.

If we see him cradling a baby boy I think we can stick a fork in Jon's lineage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think it's unlikely simply because it seems very likely that Jon is a Targaryen and it would be a bit lame to pull the "secret Targaryen" trick twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

The absence of a newborn baby with ned and Reed at that point is a bit of a giveaway I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

amos13 wrote: »
    The absence of a newborn baby with ned and Reed at that point is a bit of a giveaway I think.

That scene struck me as a cliff hangar, and as someone here said that young Ned is cast for one more episode, I expect the missing piece of the puzzle will be presented.

What I'm curious about though, is how will this be made known to Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

What I'm curious about though, is how will this be made known to Jon.

Well bran is on route south of the wall, I expect he'll meet up with big bro/ cousin at some point early next season and reveal all. How to convince the rest of the realm is another issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Well bran is on route south of the wall, I expect he'll meet up with big bro/ cousin at some point early next season and reveal all. How to convince the rest of the realm is another issue....

Is Reed still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ah right, didn't realise they were going south again.

Advertisement