Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No, the channel 'Gold' only show old programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We got a leaflet in the letterbox today about events in a theatre and on the back of it they have a bit about their Christmas fair. I'm loving that businesses are slowly starting to mention Christmas. Not long until the BT Christmas shop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The constant mentions of Strictly and XFactor in the papers/news each day remind me so much of Christmas seeing both shows end just before Christmas! :)

BBs (the muffin place) posted on FB earlier that it's only 70 days until you can get 'gold dust' on your cappuccino. It seems to be what they use in place of chocolate powder in the run up the Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I love looking online for winter clothes and end of summer sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Brown Thomas Christmas shop opens on Thursday! :eek::eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

washiskin wrote: »
    Brown Thomas Christmas shop opens on Thursday! :eek::eek::)

:eek::eek::D:pac::pac:

Eeeeeek!!! Can't wait! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

washiskin wrote:
    Brown Thomas Christmas shop opens on Thursday!

Is this shop online as well or only instore?

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying the reaction to that news on social media. :D 'It's too early, why can't they wait until after Halloween.' Relax, it's hurting no one. Can't wait to head in for a good look around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

One of their themes is "Venetian Winter" - I'll bet there will be lots of lovely things...*plans shopping trip*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I was only thinking yesterday that I'm gonna be way more organised this year and have my Christmas pressies bought by mid to late November so I can enjoy the build up! :D :pac: Need to start thinking of what to buy people now....

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

I was in Bruges with the OH on Saturday and I found the most amazing Christmas shop!! Only for we were going to the seaside that afternoon and I was afraid stuff would get broken I would have bought the contents of the shop :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tins of Roses and Heroes have hit the shelves in some supermarkets in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I'm starting to see posts every week on my Facebook feed about how many weeks there are until Christmas. I think it's being posted to freak people out, rather than any actual excitement for Christmas, but I'm enjoying it! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Loughc wrote: »
    Tins of Roses and Heroes have hit the shelves in some supermarkets in Dublin.

I seen them in the shops to.theynhave gotten very small wish they would bring back the old proper tins

Just saw a Christmas add for Aldi on tv. I love Christmas, but its 4 months away. I wish nothing Christmas related started until after Halloween. It would make us look even more forward to it.

• Advertisement

I love Christmas, but its 4 months away. I wish nothing Christmas related started until after Halloween. It would make us look even more forward to it.
    If that's your attitude, you might be posting in the wrong forum. :pac:

You might want to have a look at the charter again-especially this part:
    comments like "Bah, Humbug" or "OMG, It's October" may be deleted and can earn you a warning.

Posy wrote: »
    If that's your attitude, you might be posting in the wrong forum. :pac:

You might want to have a look at the charter again-especially this part:

But I love Christmas. I just remember when I was younger, it was only a certain period of the year, and it wasn't being advertised for months in advance.

There is no way I'm anti Christmas, it's my favourite time of year

There's an Aldi Christmas ad already? Are you sure it's a Christmas ad as per the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI)
    Christmas advertisements cannot be broadcast until November 1st

And the UK have the same ruling.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's an Aldi Christmas ad already? Are you sure it's a Christmas ad as per the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI)

And the UK have the same ruling.

I don't know then. It looked like an add you would see at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I don't know then. It looked like an add you would see at Christmas.

Seen that myself definite Christmas feel from it, totally winter themed at least.

Just saw a Christmas add for Aldi on tv. I love Christmas, but its 4 months away. I wish nothing Christmas related started until after Halloween. It would make us look even more forward to it.

I just want to apoligise to everyone on the forum for this post. I really love Christmas, and i don't know why i said this.
    My head was all over the place yesterday.

It's okay!
    We'll forgive you for such a terrible crime! :D

Posy wrote: »
    It's okay!
    We'll forgive you for such a terrible crime! :D

I'll cancel the public flogging.

Do we lose our deposit? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'm starting to see posts every week on my Facebook feed about how many weeks there are until Christmas. I think it's being posted to freak people out, rather than any actual excitement for Christmas, but I'm enjoying it! 😄

Yeah a neighbour loves to post countdown pictures ie XXX days to go until Christmas. Thinking of putting up the Christmas decorations on Nov 2nd this year instead of December 8th.

Advertisement