Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Christmas, but its 4 months away. I wish nothing Christmas related started until after Halloween. It would make us look even more forward to it.
    If that's your attitude, you might be posting in the wrong forum. :pac:

You might want to have a look at the charter again-especially this part:
    comments like "Bah, Humbug" or "OMG, It's October" may be deleted and can earn you a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Posy wrote: »
    If that's your attitude, you might be posting in the wrong forum. :pac:

You might want to have a look at the charter again-especially this part:

But I love Christmas. I just remember when I was younger, it was only a certain period of the year, and it wasn't being advertised for months in advance.

There is no way I'm anti Christmas, it's my favourite time of year

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's an Aldi Christmas ad already? Are you sure it's a Christmas ad as per the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI)
    Christmas advertisements cannot be broadcast until November 1st

And the UK have the same ruling.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's an Aldi Christmas ad already? Are you sure it's a Christmas ad as per the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI)

And the UK have the same ruling.

I don't know then. It looked like an add you would see at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I don't know then. It looked like an add you would see at Christmas.

Seen that myself definite Christmas feel from it, totally winter themed at least.

Just saw a Christmas add for Aldi on tv. I love Christmas, but its 4 months away. I wish nothing Christmas related started until after Halloween. It would make us look even more forward to it.

I just want to apoligise to everyone on the forum for this post. I really love Christmas, and i don't know why i said this.
    My head was all over the place yesterday.

It's okay!
    We'll forgive you for such a terrible crime! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    It's okay!
    We'll forgive you for such a terrible crime! :D

I'll cancel the public flogging.

Do we lose our deposit? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'm starting to see posts every week on my Facebook feed about how many weeks there are until Christmas. I think it's being posted to freak people out, rather than any actual excitement for Christmas, but I'm enjoying it! 😄

Yeah a neighbour loves to post countdown pictures ie XXX days to go until Christmas. Thinking of putting up the Christmas decorations on Nov 2nd this year instead of December 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Halloween decorations are creeping into the shops now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

The Halloween decorations are creeping into the shops now.

Which shops if you don't mind me asking ? I love homestore and more at halloween they always do great stuff too !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Which shops if you don't mind me asking ? I love homestore and more at halloween they always do great stuff too !

I saw them in Dunnes today.

May go out to shops and have a look so ! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted these penguin jars in TIGER at lunch time, you could use them as cookie jars. €5.

They also had Build Your Own Gingerbread House sets for €4, no pic. Best before September 2016, safe enough :D

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Spotted these penguin jars in TIGER at lunch time, you could use them as cookie jars. €5.

Wow! Those penguin jars are pretty cool! Thanks, I will def make a trip to TIGER soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yeah I never really go into Tiger that much; a friend of mine loves the place and buys loads in there. Think I'll take a trip there this weekend :)

Spotted these penguin jars in TIGER at lunch time, you could use them as cookie jars. €5.:D

Omg they are just the cutest ! With the little hats ! :D

Definitely getting myself a penguin later if they have them.

Aldi accused of airing a Christmas advert FOUR MONTHS early by Twitter users

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aldi-accused-airing-christmas-advert-6322595

:)

• Advertisement

TK Maxx and Yankee Candle both had Halloween stock in last weekend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Sooo excited Yankee candle Christmas collection coming out in October

http://www.yankee.ie/p.asp?id=960&cat=Christmas+2015

Just to add, what is your favourite Christmas Yankee candle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

shelly22 wrote: »
    Sooo excited Yankee candle Christmas collection coming out in October

http://www.yankee.ie/p.asp?id=960&cat=Christmas+2015

Thanks Shelly for the heads up about Yankee, it all looks fab, my favourite Christmas Yankee is Christmas Cookie, how about you?

Im so happy I've just remembered I have some Christmas Votives Yankees in the press that I received last Christmas I look forward to lighting them in the run up to the big day

Christmas cookie or Christmas cupcake for me :-)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Thanks Shelly for the heads up about Yankee, it all looks fab, my favourite Christmas Yankee is Christmas Cookie, how about you?

Im so happy I've just remembered I have some Christmas Votives Yankees in the press that I received last Christmas I look forward to lighting them in the run up to the big day

You are very welcome
    I think Christmas cookie is also my faviorte, looking forward to trying some of the new ones coming out

Loughc wrote: »
    Christmas cookie or Christmas cupcake for me :-)

I haven't tryed Christmas cupcake I will have to put that on my list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ordered my Lego advent calenders today!

The weather the last couple of days has been horrible and the mornings are getting darker.

:D:D

The girls working on the tills in my local supermarket keep asking customers if they want to save their change because Christmas is coming ! Makes me smile every time I hear it lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A newsletter from Easons with their new collection of superhero Christmas jumpers :pac:

Jumpers

A newsletter from Easons with their new collection of superhero Christmas jumpers :pac:

Jumpers

Just got that too. :D As soon as I saw the subject of the email (How early is too early?) I knew it would be about Christmas.

Jumpers

Omg ! Thanks for sharing the link ! Just told my OH that I finally found some nerd approved christmas jumpers for him for this year ! He was really pleased lol (rolls eyes sarcastically ..) :D

The late late show just advertised for the late late Toy show, and he said there was only 84 sleeps for the late late toy show

The late late show just advertised for the late late Toy show, and he said there was only 84 sleeps for the late late toy show

84 sleeps brilliant :D :O

Which makes it November 27th

Is it wrong that I am watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate in September

It's one of my favourites home alone. It's my only day to crash out so thought why not

Not weird at all. :) I might do the same later. It sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

• Advertisement

Not weird at all... (she says as she settles in front of a nice warm fire after dinner to watch Christmas with the kranks.) :D

Not weird at all... (she says as she settles in front of a nice warm fire after dinner to watch Christmas with the kranks.) :D

I love a nice fire you just can't beat it I always end up falling asleep in front of it though
    Christmas with the kranks, what a great choice I must put that on my list

The weathers getting colder. Which means winter is approaching.

I need to go get some new jumpers/zippies and a jacket.

Christmas with the Iranian, what a great choice I must put that on my list

That must be the sequel to Christmas with the kranks - christmas with the kranks 2, Christmas with the Iranian. Lol that daughter must be still bringing foreign men home for Christmas !

Sorry I couldn't resist :D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Will any of you have your tree up for the toyshow? I am trying to decide I use to have only my mams tree to do but now I have our house now too, last year it was one tree after another I'd like to spread it out this year might do mine early then my mams, I am hoping to finish up work earlier than usual too I have the holidays to take I want to enjoy the run up to the big day, there's some family that's needs a it of help this year too in the preparation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

SarahLil wrote: »
    Will any of you have your tree up for the toyshow? I am trying to decide I use to have only my mams tree to do but now I have our house now too, last year it was one tree after another I'd like to spread it out this year might do mine early then my mams, I am hoping to finish up work earlier than usual too I have the holidays to take I want to enjoy the run up to the big day, there's some family that's needs a it of help this year too in the preparation

Yes putting my decorations up on the 2nd of November wont light up tree though until 8th of December.

• Advertisement

That must be the sequel to Christmas with the kranks - christmas with the kranks 2, Christmas with the Iranian. Lol that daughter must be still bringing foreign men home for Christmas !

Sorry I couldn't resist :D lol

Lol I only noticed it now, auto type on my phone always getting me into trouble

Lol I only noticed it now, auto type on my phone always getting me into trouble

I know it's terrible when auto correct decides to join your conversation and mess things up ! Glad I'm not the only one it happens to lol

My tree goes up the day of the toy show ! I like to have tree up for the kids for the night of the toy show and I have a little good bag for the family for watching the toy show and special santa mugs with hot chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Why was my post removed? I simply answered a direct question and I wasn't one bit unfriendly or planning to or even going to make any further contributions or anything in fact. Just removed without comment. Not that I care very much and only for the removal you wouldn't have ever seen me here again, but wtf? Is there a secret christmas police at work?

Yes, it was removed. Your post said that you don't get the obsession with Christmas and that people who "pine" for Christmas are weird.

Such posts will be removed and it's not a secret, as we have stated as much in the charter which can be found in it's entirety here.

Darragh wrote: »
    Anti Christmas threads, posts and comments like "Bah, Humbug" or "OMG, It's October" may be deleted
    Darragh wrote: »
    We can delete your posts if they're not relevant

• Advertisement
Advertisement