Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BattleBots! (US Robot Wars)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i agree about farauq . im sure he is a perfectly nice guy but his charicter on this show represents everything that is wrong with tv nowadays. load, obnoxious, in your face, no actual value and pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No I meant Switchback in the attached image, no need for the weapon to be going up and down either.

i agree . overly complex

newbie teamshould build simple and strong with one decent weapon. probably wouldnt be allowed enter then

anyone watching it

I am but not as into it as previous seasons, just pressing skip between the fights aswell, cba listening to that nonsense any more.

• Advertisement

i dont watch any of that anymore. just the fights. 70% fluff . some great fights so far

cobalt distroyed ghost rapter

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah fights for me too. Each episode is about 15 mins long. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Attempting to, little hard when you're reliant almost entirely on the kind soul who uploads the "fights only" montages to reddit, somewhat delayed compared to the live US broadcast.

Anyway, with that in mind, tournament bracket! Will be interesting to see how it develops over the next four weeks.

i watch the same RAW footage you do . that person is a god sent. the last fight each ep is on you tube and its painfully full of fluff.

some interesting battles coming up. cobalt v yeti , rotator v shederater,

a few potentialy very strong quarter and semi finals. end game v minitar and then on to witch docter .

Well that was an interesting if unexpected final, especially after both finalists won somewhat controversial matches in the run-up.

Congratulations team Tantrum!

• Advertisement

interesting ep . a lot of contraversy round the WD v minitar fight . there was 5 bot i wanted to do well so wasnt disapointed even though they all lost .

the winner was lucky to make the final . judges decision was all over the place . fair play to them though . great team and underdog

6 part Summer series of 2 hour eps (80 mins when you strip out ads) of Battlebots: Champions has started, elimination tournament for a chance to fight a previous series champion, havent watched it yet but seen a few people on Reddit saying the first one last night was one of the best BB eps ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

think somebody said that this mini version was better then the main tournament, certainly was better for X last in the first ep, what a run!

the gatekeeper champ this week is overrated

Wow only watched the first ep of the new one but if it keeps up like that I wont be complaining! A couple of great fights...

and now completely destroyed, holy ****

uppercut screwed itself experimenting with something they knew wouldn't work.

Post edited by pjcb on

ep4 ... another legacy bot that didn't deserve its champion spot

• Advertisement

wtf is that mohawk guy still there?

BB spoiling the winner less than 12 hours after the program aired, keep away from their socials 🙄

fair play to the winner. well deserved, their ground game is crazy.

the runner up is very unlucky, always the bridesmade and not the bride. they deserve some trophies.

tombstone needs a total redisgn. its a disaster , does more harm to itself than its oponant

Back on 05 January!

S09E01 is out!

I think I've grown out of this show. It's very samey every year. 🙂

Yeah same, its a bit pointless when you watch a 90 minute ep of something then cant remember a single fight from it 10 minutes after the credits. Its happening to me a lot lately, giving up on Survivor after 20 years of being obsessed with it, Great British Bakeoff never missed an ep in this house but now we cant be bothered, Billions, loads of others like that lately.

I spend 90% of my time letting the Youtube algorithm decide for me these days and 10% on traditional tv, used to be the other way round, my attention span is just gone out the window.

Yep, I'm just watching the eviction shows on Big Brother (they usually have a recap of the week) and the room reveal episodes on The Block (same reason). Cuts the viewing time by a third on BB and a quarter on The Block. Much more manageable.

Advertisement